{19}

Song: A Bittersweet Symphony- The Verve

__

Frank's P.O.V.

All the time kind of stopped. The man lost it completely, and when he shot Tupelo, he fell to the ground. We walked over to him, checked his pulse, and there wasn't any.

I could say I was in shock. Tupelo, on the other hand... Was probably in shock too. Who wouldn't be? She was shot. She was actually living in the pain... If she was alive...

It wasn't fun to think that Tupelo sacrificed her life for mine, and I hated that. The feeling I had was horrible. She could be gone. There was already one dead. Luckily, he was on the opposing side.

"Tupelo...?" Mikey gasps out. Gerard was kind of just standing over the mans body on the other side of the room. He didn't know how to handle it. He didn't know how to comprehend anything.

I couldn't speak. It had to be luck that Mikey could, and I was surprised that he could talk at all. Or breathe.

Mikey fell to his knees over her body, and put his head on her head, listening for a heart beat. He had tears streaming down his face, nonstop.

"She's.." He couldn't finish the sentence. I was looking at him with wide eyes, unable to blink.

Was she dead...?

"She's alive.." He whispered. Then, suddenly, he sprang to his feet, screaming in happiness. He was still crying nonstop, he was still holding on to her. You could see her chest move up and down slowly and that she was breathing. You could see that Mikey was overjoyed she was alive. But Gerard couldn't look at her. Bert couldn't look at her. I was stunned that I couldn't comprehend that she was okay. I was only focused on her stomach. I didn't even know where she was shot.

I forced my eyes to move to her leg, more like her ankle. It was shot there and there was blood from it, on the floor. It wasn't a very pretty sight.

Suddenly, I collapse, overfilled with emotion. Crying nonstop, I felt an arm on my back.

"It's okay Frank, she's okay." Bert whispered.

Then, I heard Bert talking. He had called 911. Looks like we were going to have a hospital visit, and an investigation of the scene.

Tupelos ankle didn't look okay. It had a bullet in it and she must've been in horrible, utter pain.

She was unconscious from it.. It must've been bad.

Good thing Bert was calling the police... Then they could get Bandit. Then we would go to the hospital and everything would be okay.

Hopefully. I really wanted everything to be okay. I wanted Tupelo to be okay, I wanted Gerard to be okay and I wanted to be okay.

But the truth was, we all wouldn't be okay for awhile. This was going to haunt us for a long time, as much as I hate to say it.

No one really wanted to deal with this pain. It was almost unbearable. But we got through this much, that the rest would come easy.

I heard a faint siren going off, so the police and ambulance were near. I looked over at Gerard, who was still staring blankly at the lifeless body in front of him. I wonder what was going through his mind...

As the sound of the sirens got closer and closer, I felt better.

Hopefully we would be out of this mess soon.

I tried to stand up, but collapsed again, with dizziness.

Suddenly, doors burst open, and police are there. My head whips to the sight if them, with relief flooding my veins. Thank god they were here.

"Is everyone alright?" One asks. Then he gets silent when he sees the man on the floor and the blood near Tupelo.

He yells for the paramedics, and soon enough they carry Tupelo out on a stretcher. As for the man, they take on a stretcher too. I don't think they knew he was most likely dead.

Gerard was in shock so badly, they took him in the ambulance also. Bert rode in the ambulance along with Mikey. They wanted me to stay so I could tell the cops what happened.

I finally stand up, and walk over to a cop.

"Sir, there's a child captive in this place. That's why we are here." I say calmly. He looks up from his phone and yells for another cop to come and help him scope out the building.

I follow them throughout the warehouse, and when we reach the last room, we hear faint crying. It sounded just like Bandit. The cops open the door, and Bandit was standing up in a crib, crying.

I scream quietly, and run over to her, picking her up and hugging her as tight as I could without holding her. I was in tears.

"Frankie!! You saved me!" She squeals. She was smiling so big, while I was crying so hard from happiness. I couldn't wait for Gerard to see her. He would be so happy to see her and hold her. I was so happy to see her. Finally holding the small child, thanking god she was okay.

~

We took the car to the hospital, and arrive about an hour after the big event. Tupelo was in the ICU, and the man had died.

The gun he shot with apparently didn't shoot regular bullets, and whatever he shot with infected Tupelo's ankle pretty badly. They were going to do surgery on it later tonight, from what the nurse told Bandit, Bert and I. Gerard was just in a room, on medicine to help him get out of shock. He was totally frozen earlier, and they had something with a long name to give him.

We were able to talk to him first, because he was okay, and was going to get discharged in a couple hours. Thankfully he was okay. We were now sitting in the waiting room, waiting to get news.

The doors open, and Mikey walks out. He spots us and has a huge smile when he sees Bandit, and runs over picking her up. She was squealing with joy, and kissed 'Uncle Mikey' on the nose. He was so overjoyed to see her that he was crying happy tears like me.

"Bandit, are you okay? Did anyone hurt you?" Mikey asks, squatting down so he could he eye level with her. She shook her head no, but we were still going to get her checked up later at the hospital.

We would probably put her in therapy also.

For kids, of course.

Bert was sitting with us, so I decided to ask him some questions.

"He wouldn't have hurt her, would he? He seemed unstable.. In the head." I ask.

He shakes his head.

"The one thing I know about him is that he would never do anything to hurt Bandit. He didn't hurt children ever. He used to have a daughter.. But the mom took her away from him. They weren't married and all of that was legal issue stuff."

I nod, uncertain, but try to forget about it.

Mikey explained that they had to remove the bullet from Tupelo's ankle, then take samples from her blood to see what they could do about the infection. The surgery was in an hour, and we could visit her before that.

Mikey took us to her room. She was laying on her back with her ankle propped up. Her eyes were closed, but you could tell she was in pain.

"Is Aunt Tupelo okay?" Bandit whispers.

I nod, and pick her up.

"Tupelo.." Mikey whispered, walking over to her, then kissing her on the mouth softly. Her eyes fluttered open, and smiled. When she spotted Bandit, her smile grew even bigger.

"My little fairy, come here!" She says sitting up, trying not to hurt her ankle. I put Bandit down, and she ran over to her. She crawled in bed with her as they talked for awhile.

"Hey Princess, how are you feeling?" I ask, smirking. She laughed.

"I'm hurting a little bit, but that's okay. I'll be better soon."

We all talked for a half an hour, until a nurse came in the room.

"Uh, she has to get prepared for her surgery now. But you are free to see Mr. Way." She says.

We said our goodbyes, and promised to come back when she was okay. Mikey kissed her, Bandit hugged her and we walked out.

"Is Tuppie going to be okay?" Bandit asked me as I picked her up.

"Don't worry sweetie, she'll be all better soon. When she's better she'll take you shopping." I say to her. She smiled, nodded, then put her head on my shoulders.

The nurse led us to his room, and opened the door. He was watching the television, then when he saw us, his face lit up.

"Bandit! MY BABY GIRL!" He shrieked. I put her down again, then she ran over to him, in tears. She was crying and he was crying.

He lifted her up on his bed and hugged her. It was so nice to have them be reunited. They were separated for too long.

He talked to her, and had the bright eyes he hadn't shown in awhile. It was so nice to see him smile again.

"I love you so much daddy. I missed you so much." She says to Gerard. He kissed her on the nose while they watched Shake It Up.

We sat there for about fifteen minutes. Bert took Bandit to the bathroom, so I decided to go and fill Gerard in on everything that happened.

He looked relived when I told him the man was dead.

"When I saw his dead body.. I froze. I couldn't think about anything other than that we won. We actually would be okay. But how he shot Tupelo, I thought she was dead. I thought we would never be able to forgive ourselves. It was horrible. I couldn't do anything." He had tears in his eyes.

But instead of responding to him, I kissed him on the lips.

I know this would come back in nightmares, and everything would have to take time, but it didn't matter. All that mattered was that we were all okay.

And that we finally had Bandit.

***

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE IN THE U.S.!

And to everyone in different countries that have a holiday today or coming up!

Yeah...

THIS ISNT THE END! THIS ISNT THE END!

Although the next chapter will be.

PLEAse vote and comment to get the LAST CHAPTER!

Please please please!