thirty two

Demi's Pov

Today Wilmer drove me to the doctor's early in the morning way before Maya woke up. We decided to leave her sleeping home alone. It's almost been two months since the accident and I was feeling much better.

At the doctor's office they told me my leg was heeling nicely. They removed the giant smelly cast from my leg and replaced it with a brace. I got cleared to walk again for short amounts of time without crutches. I was very happy to say the least. My doctor asked me if I wanted to keep the cast and I had never declined something so fast in my life.

Now we are in the car driving home and I have the biggest smile on my face. My leg feels so free even with a brace on it.

"Nena if you smile any bigger your face is going to explode." Wilmer chuckles.

"Don't you try to bring my mood down." I laugh.

"I feel so free." I sing.

"Do you want to stop for ice cream on the way home." He asks.

"Yeah, sure." I'm feeling a bit hesitant. Not being able to walk around does make you gain weight and I lost a lot of muscle.

Wilmer turns to look at me while we're stopped at a red light.

"You look so beautiful right now." He says.

I can't help but blush at his comment. Even though I haven't been feeling myself lately his words always reassure me. He really doesn't care what my body looks like and that makes me so happy. It's amazing that he has no expectations of what I should look like. Being in the media, having someone around that has no physical expectation from me is so relieving.

Having him around these past few months really wasn't as bad as I though it was going to be. Maya loves it and he helps around the house so much.

The only negative thing about this situation is that I feel like I'm falling in love love with him again. To be completely honest with myself I never stopped loving him. I had to push those feelings of love aside when we broke up because of what he did to me.

He's really proved to be a changed person. I haven't seen him drink once and he's been nothing but kind. I've been given many second chances and I think he deserves one from me.

The only problem is that I don't know if he has the same feelings towards me.

"Hey, you okay?" He asks and I realize we are already in front of an ice cream parlor.

"Oh yeah I'm good. Just thinking." I reply.

...

Where am I even going with this story lol

Comment what you want to happen

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrated yesterday