fifteen

Maya's pov

I waited for the house to become silent to check up on mom. I don't want to see dad now. I won't even know what to say.

I just want to know that mom's okay. I've never felt this way, to be so protective over her. I guess I've always been so self centred. I never though of what she went through. She had troubles of her own and I always blamed her for everything.

I knew when she was struggling and I knew when she was hurting but I ignored her. Maybe that's why we became so distant. I remember her trying to help me when I was younger. She tried to be there for me but I guess between her distancing herself from the world and me ignoring her, that's when we grew apart.

I get up from my bed and head over to the guest room. I'm looking at the floor as I walk, I find my way to the room she's in, which is only a few steps away. I go to open it but the door opens on its own.

I see my dad walking out and I feel tears welling up in my eyes. I don't know why. It just happens.

I didn't know this is how I would react. I though I'd be angry but I just start crying.

Dad looks at me with sympathy and walks over to hug me. I don't want him touching me until he explains everything to me and I mean start to finish.

"I heard everything." I say, backing up from him.

"Oh" he says. Putting his arm back down. I can see him holding back tears. Why would he cry?

"Is it true?" I whisper.

"Maya, let's wait until morning to speak about this." He gently says.

I don't disagree. I wouldn't be able to handle it all right now anyways so I head to my room.

I start thinking. Thinking about when life started moving so fast. When did this happen? Dad's living with us. This was always my dream but now that I'm living it, it seems to be more of a nightmare.

Not that there's anything bad that particularly happened since like a few hours ago when he kinda moved in. It's just different than how I imagined it would be.

I hear dad in the kitchen and all around the house. He got familiar with it pretty quick. My eyelids feel heavy and I slowly drift off to sleep.

Demi's pov

I haven't gotten any sleep. Due to the fact that I'll have nightmares. I'm also not feeling the greatest. I'm slumped in my bed.

I heard Wilmer and Maya's conversation in the hallway. I know we're going to have to explain some stuff. Stuff that I don't want to speak about. Stuff she shouldn't have to worry about or have to deal with.

I let those thoughts slide. My mind is so busy right now, I'll wait till later for that to cloud up my mind.

I can hear Wilmer cleaning up. He's been so nice to me but I'm back to this whole trust thing once again.

It frustrates me because I know he's different and I should see past what he did. I know that I should see past one mistake.

But I can't. I do forgive him and in someway I can see past it but I just can't get over it. That's the problem. I had all my trust in him. Which took a long time to build and he broke it. I shouldn't dare but I think past to all those times someone's broken their trust with me.

I remember my dad, the bullies and whoever else. They all told me it was my fault and this made me believe I was getting punished for being myself. It angers me that everyone else's insecurities and agressions were taken out one me.

"You got yourself into this mess."

"You started this."

"How is this my fault?"

"I wouldn't have to do this if you'd behave"

"This was your fault you caused it"

I hear more and more voices. But not once did Wilmer ever blame me.

He never blamed anyone but himself. Deep down I know it's my fault. That's what everyone else told me. It had to be, he was just sparing my feelings.

The morning after that night he confessed to my parents what he did. The physical pain wasn't that bad. It was the trust that I had in him. The only person outside my family I put all my trust into. Every bit was shattered after that night and that's how our marriage ended.

...

Thanks for reading <3
Please share, vote and comment your thoughts and predictions :)