My Name Is

We were soaking wet. By the time we got to the venue we were freezing with the heat on blast in the car. It was still pouring rain and it was time to run on in, but I heasitated. I looked over at the guy next to me and after exchanging a look we both bolted for the door of the venue.

We had just made it inside when we ran into my family. May I just say that should anything happen to me, my family looks like they are going to kill me right now.

"I got the stuff." I said weakly trying to diffuse the situation. "And a date." I added looking to where he was.

That reminds me. I went to grab him but before I could I was grabbed and ushered off to get dried off. Noticing my distraught look my father said he'd take care of him and get him dried off and into some dry clothes.

After 3 hours of being fussed over I was finally dry and free to be put back to work greeting family and "friends" (aka people that I couldn't stand that my sister loved). But before I got stuck on grunt duty I had to go find my date.

I looked around hoping to find either him or my father. I found my father standing outside the room Aspen was getting ready in, so I pounced.

"Hey dad! What did you do to my date? I don't want to suffer through greeting everyone without him."

My dad looked at me amusedly.

"We're going to have a talk about this later, but I think he's in the bath room. And don't you dare go in there to drag him out. Remember what happened the last time you did that?"

I rolled my eyes at that. " Hey I saved that guys life and saved Aspens relationship thank you very much."

"You only saved the guys life after you scared him to death and made him choke on the donut he had been eating."

"See you always have to look at what went wrong. Can't you appreciate what went right?"

"Yes, I can appreciate that he didn't die, you didn't go to jail, and that you saved your sisters relationship."

"Thanks daddy." I said and then kissed his cheek.

Suddenly the door to Aspens room opened and a hand came out to yank my poor lovely father into the room.

After that I went to find my date. Which reminds me that I need to find out his name. Heading towards the bathroom I saw someone that vaguely resembled the guy I was looking for. It was weird not seeing him in a hoodie and jeans or soaking wet.

"Hello?" I asked hoping that I actually got the right guy.
He turned and I was met with a pair of dark brown eyes that sparkled with something for a second before the walls came up.

"Hi." Was all he said.

I smiled back and said "you look nice in my brothers clothes. Oh and while I'm thinking about it I should probably get your name?"

He smirked for a split second before going blank again.
"Oh now you're worried about stranger danger?" He said lifting an eyebrow at me. I must say that he has a very nice voice. I could listen to it all day. But that's besides the point.

I laughed. "Hey that's not fair using my words against me."

"Sure it is."

"You gonna give your name or do I have to make something up?"

"My name is no."

"Oh well at least it's not slim shady." I said back to him.

That got him to chuckle. I could only imagine what would happen if he actually laughed.

"Well since you're not coughing up a name I guess I'll call you...Tad Cooper!" I tried to say it seriously, honestly I did, but I have a tendency to laugh at my own jokes so I ended up cracking up instead of keeping a straight face.

He raised his eyebrow at me again and looked at me in bemusement and amusement . "What's so funny?"

"Oh nothing, maybe I'll have a chance to show you one day but just...never mind."

I was finally calming down from my giggle fit and then I realized something else.

"That reminds me, I never gave you my name. My name is Caspen."

I put out my hand for a handshake hoping he'd finally tell me his name. He didn't disappoint.

"Hello Caspen, my name is Tad Copper."

That was it, I lost it again.

1 full minute later I calmed myself enough to grab his arm and pull him with me to the greeting line.

"Since you're my date you have to endure the torture of helping me greet people. That ok with you Tad?"

"Sure thing Cas."