New Home

New part quicker than I thought.  I just can't keep away!

- - - - - - -

He turned his key in the lock, stepping carefully into the hallway; she'd remembered not to double lock the door. Dropping his bag on the floor,  he gritted his teeth at the unnecessary noise he'd just made. But the house remained silent.  Using the toe of one boot to lever off the other, not bothering to untie the laces, he left his boots along side the pair Laura must have worn that day.  He allowed himself a slight smile at the two pairs next to each other. He was hot and sweaty. He'd take a shower in the shower room downstairs so that he wouldn't wake her. 

A towel wrapped around his waist, he climbed the stairs, noting the paintings that had not been there two weeks ago when he'd left on tour. Once on the landing he paused;  which was the door to their bedroom? Having only spent two nights in their home before he had to leave, he couldn't for the life of him remember which room they'd chosen to make their own. Putting his hand to one of the doors he pushed it open,  revealing the bed they had bought and more importantly, the sleeping figure of Laura. Her long hair splayed over the pillow,  the yellow covered duvet pulled up and held under her chin. Watching her body gently rise and fall as she slept, he wanted to tell her he was home,  to wrap his arms around this woman that he'd thought of endlessly whilst he'd been away. 

Wanting something to wear in bed, Ricky was at a loss as to where to find anything.  He pulled at a draw,  clutching in the dark at its contents. He held up a baby doll nightie,  before tutting and shoving it back in.

"I don't think that will suit you!" The voice came from the bed and Ricky turned with a start.

"You scared the living daylights out of me!" he said making his way over to the bed.

"You didn't do me much good; I thought you were some perverted burglar after my lingerie!" She giggled sleepily as Ricky threw back the duvet on the other side of the bed and climbed in next to Laura as she wriggled and turned towards him.

"I'm home," Ricky's head lay on his pillow, nearly nose to nose with Laura.

"Apparently so," she moved closer, "I missed you." Her eyes searched Ricky's face looking for any changes to the man that she loved.

"Not as much as I missed you," he kissed her, sliding his hands around her waist, two weeks passion to be caught up on. Laura placed her hands on his neck,  gripping his skin gently, before sliding her hands to his shoulder,  massaging it, she heard him groan. Ricky pulled away, yawning deeply as he did.

"I'll let you sleep,"  Laura relinquished her touch.

"No!" Ricky protested. "You're not getting off that lightly," he rubbed his eyes.

"You're worn out!" she ran her fingers down his face as he closed his eyes. But he fought against his tiredness. Forcing his eyes open momentarily,  they soon closed again,  his breathing became lighter and Laura held him as he fell asleep in her arms. 

Once morning had come,  Laura left Ricky to sleep. She made her way down the stairs,  stepping over a large bag she presumed contained his dirty washing.  That would be a talking point.  Now they were living together, in their shared home, household chores would need to be discussed.  It had literally been two days from when they got the keys to their new home to Ricky leaving on tour.  Since moving from her cottage outside York,  she and Ricky had decided leaving together would be a good idea. Rather than moving her belongings to James' as she had previously planned,  the majority of them had gone into storage until now. She had felt uneasy unpacking her stuff, filling their home without discussing things with Ricky.  Now he was home though, she knew he would have his opinion.