Home Sweet Home.

Miranda's Point Of View.

I moved my head to the right, licking my very cracked lips and feelings a sweaty hand linked into mine on my left. My eyes opened, looking over and seeing Ben and Kaiden sound asleep. A small smile spread across my lips, and I forced myself to sit up, but winced in pain and held in a breath.

"Easy baby momma." Ben opened his eyes, and rubbing Kaiden's back. "Would you like to hold your very healthy son?" He smiled, sitting up.

I nodded quickly and held my arms out. "He's beautiful." I whispered, rubbing his chubby cheeks as he slept so peacefully in my arms.

Ben chuckled and sat back. "I'm glad you're awake. I was starting to get worried."

"How long was I out?" I ask not taking my eyes off of Kaiden.

"nearly a week, but you were on drug pills." Ben sighed and I looked up at him.

Kaiden winced a little, trying to put his arms up, letting a little yawn out of him. I smiled widely and kissed his forehead.

"My handsome little man." I whispered, rubbing his chin. "Did you guys go home yet?"

Ben shook his head. "Nope. I wanted to wait for you, which I'm glad because the nurses has been teaching me a lot about little cutie in her arms."

I smiled. "Thanks, Ben."

He leaned up, holding my leg gently. "I promised you I'd be here, and I always keep my important promises."

Amanda walked in before I could say something back to Ben. He stood up, with his hands in his pockets and looking down at Kaiden.

"Well hello. How are you feeling?" Amanda smiled, checking my IV.

I sighed and looked at my son. "Like a very lucky mommy."

"That's good. He's such a great boy. To my surprise, he sleeps very well during the nights." She smiled, writing on her clipboard. "Now, I just have to take some blood test, and by tomorrow you and your son are free to sign out."

I smiled and let Ben take Kaiden, sitting in the rocking chair with him and rocking him to sleep. I smiled at the seen of it, and looked back at Amanda.

"But, the only thing is that you can not pick anything heavy for two weeks. Your c-section was very well done, but it was also very intense. I suggest that Bentley does the things around the house for a little bit, just until you're painless."

I frowned. "Am I aloud to pick up Kaiden?"

"No. You're aloud to hold him, but Bentley has to be the one massing him to you. It's very important you follow these rules or it'll only be harder on yourself, Miranda." She said and I nod. "Every two weeks, come in for a check up for you and little Kaiden, just to see how everything is."

"Ok." I nod. "Thank you Amanda."

"No problem, I'll be back in to do your blood test." She smiled and walked out shutting the door softly behind her.

Ben stood back up, and laid Kaiden in the little crib that was beside my bed. "Miran, how are you feeling?"

"Like a million and one bricks are smashing in my stomach." I mumbled and laid back closing my eyes tight. "It hurts, Ben."

"They're going to give you pain pills." He whispered, holding my hand. "But at least you made it through. Right?"

A smile appeared on my lips. "Yeah." I whispered rubbing my hands over his knuckles. "Ben, why don't you go home and shower up, maybe have a good rest? I'm fine here with Kaiden."