Chapter 3

Staring out the window, Leaf sighed. It was raining outside, and Leaf's stomach felt like it might eat itself if lunch wasn't soon. Finally, the bell rang, and Leaf quickly got up and rushed to the cafeteria. She sat down in the same place she had yesterday, and was surprised at how happy she was when Rain sat down next to her. Leaf expected Cat to sit across from her, but she sat down on Leaf's left. "Hi," Leaf said to Rain with a huge smile, ignoring Cat. Leaf wasn't really paying attention, but Cat got out some kind of colorful, crumpled piece of paper from her pocket. Cat pushed it towards Leaf. "When do you think it will stop raining?" Rain asked. Leaf was hoping it was before two. They had already missed the short break at ten. Leaf thought for a moment, pushing Cat's paper back to her without looking at it. "When you change your name," Leaf replied, laughing.
Leaf once again saw Cat push the piece of paper towards her. "What's your deal?!" Rain asked Cat, who was still wearing the same animal hoodie. Leaf looked at the piece of paper. Leaf looked at the short question, a bit confused.
Date?
Under it, there was a heart and some animals.
"Er..." Rain said, holding back a laugh. Cat smiled hopefully at Leaf. Leaf thought she heard a tiny "please?" but she wasn't sure. "Um, Cat, I don't like you like that." Leaf replied carefully. She had only met this girl a few days ago, she wasn't gay, and Cat could be quite annoying at times, though Leaf considered Cat a friend now. "It was sweet of you to do this, though..." Cat coughed awkwardly, turning around to look at something. "Anyway, Leaf-" Rain was interrupted by her own laughing. "S-sorry, sorry..." Rain mumbled, still laughing like she couldn't control it. "Want to come to my house after school?" Rain asked. "Sure, Rain, I'd love to!" Leaf answered as the bell rang for the next class. "See you at break!" Rain called as she ran the other direction for her class. Hopefully, Leaf thought, remembering the rain.