Coach Hedge/Mellie/Chuck/Clarisse-Joseph Jones

I weaved my way throughout the carnival, pausing to take pictures of the ferris wheel, carousel, and more. It's carnival time here in Seattle, which comes around November, right before Christmas preparations.

I pull my gray hoodie closer as the wind spreads a chill around me. I decide to stop at a modest-looking coffee shop, softly blasting Matchbox Twenty music from the speakers.

As I wait in line at the store, a couple comes in. A gruff-looking man,around his fifties, comes in, holding a tiny, squealing baby in his hands. A slightly taller woman, with a serene smile on her face. She wears a long, flowing blue dress with a matching purse.

Trailing behind them is a disgruntled-looking college girl, I know because she's wearing a California State University hoodie. She holds a duffel bag, designed with baby items, and I assume she's the godmother of the baby squealing in the old man's hands.

The baby burps, spilling some spit out of his mouth, and the girl reaches over and dabs at his face gently. The baby laughs, kicking his feet.

"Hold still, Chuck!"complains the man. His wife looks over from looking at the menu. She reaches out. "Let me have him, Gleeson."she says.

Gleeson shrugs. "Sure, Mellie." He says, handing over Chuck to Mellie. He looks over at the college girl, who is surveying the menu.

"Anything you want, Clarisse?"he asks.

Clarisse shrugs. "A cappucino, I guess."she says.

I reach the front of the line. I order a mocha frappucino and slowly make my way back to my table, the frothy drink in my hands making it hard to walk properly.

As I passed the baby, Chuck, he giggled, reached out, and poked his finger in my frappe. I raise an eyebrow, then Chuck licks his finger clean.

Mellie, finally noticing, lightly yanks Chuck's hand from my drink. "I'm sorry."she apologises.

"It's okay, ma'am."I assure her.

I sit on my table and sip my drink,my eyes following the strange little family with the strange little baby, who squiggled and squirmed a lot in his mother's hands.

---

Oh God this was the shortest chapter I've ever written and it's actually taken me two weeks to write this? I'm so so sorry for not updating in so long and when I do update it's a really short one. I have to deal with school stuff ugh why

So I'm actually updating on the comp right now, I normally use my phone tho hehe so I hope you enjoyed this really short chapter haha wth why am I still trying to persuade you this probably sucks lol ok bye now