Jason - Leanne MacArthur

"Waaaugggghhhh!"

I am free-falling from the third highest floor of the Empire State Building.

I didn't want to see asphalt as your last glimpse of life, so I turned around, which was a tad but difficult, and managed to face the sky.

I could see the tip of the Empire State Building and the faces of the few who peeked out their windows, shocked.

Finally, a familiar floor passed. One of the offices had a huge poster of Doctor Who taped up the glass window. I knew who's office it was. It was on the 48th floor, it belonged to my best friend, Devin. I have a bit of a crush on Devin, okay, a HUGE crush, but he already had a drop-dead gorgeous girlfriend named Anna.

Please let it be quick. And I hope Devin's happy with Anna. I thought.

I counted the floors as I passed. 28. 27. 26. 25. 24. 23. 22. 21.... the ground's coming closer... I could hear a new helicopter pass...

19..18..17..16.. I closed my eyes, bracing myself.

Hey. I stopped. What in...?

I opened my eyes to see an up-close of a boy with electric blue eyes and close-cropped blonde hair. He gave off a powerful aura. He reminded me of Devin.

"Hey miss, we gotta go up now. Don't panic." He assured me. We were, in fact, rising now instead of falling.

I wondered if we were actually flying, but then I was now aware of air rushing underneath us, supporting our weight.

"Are...are you....manipulating the wind?"I croaked, in a voice very much unlike mine.

"Yeah."he shrugged. "I'm taking you to a friend of mine who works here. He's gonna take care of you."

He landed back on the level I had fallen from. Devin was there, looking horrified.

As soon as flying boy had let go, my knees were shaking. Devin hugged me. I leaned against him, shivering.

"I was so scared."he mumbled.

"Same here."I answered.

"You already know each other?"flying boy asked.

Devin let one hand go and he glanced at him. "Yeah, ever since we were kids. Leanne, this is Jason Grace."he said.

"Thank you."I said.

"No problem."Jason shrugged.

Click-clack

A sound alerted us to the presence of someone approaching, obviously wearing heels. I looked over Devin's shoulder and frowned.

It was Anna, her eyes narrowing in slits at Devin's arm slung over your shoulder, the broken glass, and Jason leaning casually against it.

"Devin? What happened? There's a huge crowd at the entrance and a helicopter. And why are you hugging Leanne?"she asked.

Devin turned around. "Oh, Leanne fell out the window."

She sneered at me. "Tried to end your life, huh, you pathetic little--"

"Shut up, Anna. She tripped over a makeup bag."snapped Devin, holding up a hot pink makeup bag.

Realisation flashed her face. She frowned. "That's mine."she said, reaching out. "I came back to look for it."

I shuddered. The fact Anna hated me, and she was indirectly responsible for me falling off....I didn't like this.

She snatched the bag from Devin as a news crew, police, and a small crowd rushed up to us.

A reporter shoved a microphone in front of me, correctly guessing I was the one who had fallen off.

"Miss? What happened? Anything to comment?"she asked.

I was speechless until Anna shoved me to talk to her. "Oh, it was so horrifying! As I watched Leanne here fall, I was so worried, you know I'm friends with her, I'm dating her best friend Devin..."

Devin interrupted. "We're not dating anymore, Anna."he said.

She looked shocked. "What?!"she screeched.

"We're over, you were not worried for her, you litttle fake."he growled. "And now if you'll excuse us, Leanne is recovering...we need to go."

So he led me away, Jason following us. Jason bid us good-bye, and told Devin to visit him at Long Island.

Devin let me into his apartment, and totally overreacted to making sure I was okay. Once I managed to insist I was okay, we were watching Doctor Who.

We watched as Amy kissed Rory and I wished Devin would like me as Rory had loved Amy all these years. I must've made a face, because he paused the video and looked at me.

"Are you SURE you're okay?"he asked.

I nodded, too numb to answer.

"Y'know, I was a big doofus for not realising Anna hated you. There's nothing to hate! She was a total drama queen, and I guess I was wrong in dating her."he blabbed.

Hope swelled inside me, but I took it and sat on it. Hope just added to make you feel more rejected.

"So I she isn't my type. But my type is, I suppose, girls like you."he said.

I was frozen in my seat, staring at a little Dalek minifigure on his coffee table.

"So, um, it's taken me so long to say this....."

Don't hope. It's probably something else.

"I'm in love with you. And I know this is a super bad time to tell you, after falling off a building and all, but I didn't realise how I loved you until i was about to lose you."

He lifted my chin, locking eyes.

"And I've made a fool of myself, haven't I?"he asked.

Way to the ruin the moment. But I wouldn't have had it any other way.

I chuckled. "It's ok. In fact,"

"I've been in love with you too."

He looked shocked, until he smiled.

"We're mot best friends anymore."he said. I tilted my head in confusion.

"We're now dating."he said, and we both smiled as he closed the distance between us.

---

That was a helluva long chapter. Anyways, it extended past meeting Jason, but I couldn't resist. Hehe.