A reunion.

Tom and Sabine had always been supportive parents. They accepted Adrien, came to their daughter's wedding, and here they were now, huddling over their granddaughter sleeping peacefully in the hospital crib.

"She's the most precious thing I've ever seen," Sabine admired. "Well, besides you, Marinette darling." The family laughed quietly together.

"Emma is quite the charmer, don't you think? Coming from magnificent genes," Marinette chuckled. "Although it does upset me that Adrien hasn't stopped by."

Tom sighed. "But this gorgeous baby girl spreads enough joy for the whole hospital."

Marinette nodded and smiled at her daughter. "Peek-a-boo!" She exclaimed. Emma giggled with delight.

Suddenly the door burst open, and Adrien rushed in, his cheeks flushed. He turned even paler seeing Tom and Sabine were with Marinette.

"Hello, Adrien," Sabine greeted. "Tom, we should leave now. Bye, Sweetheart, goodbye Emma! We'll stop by later." The couple left, leaving the Adrien and Marinette by themselves.

As they locked eyes, there was no awkwardness or anxiety. They could literally feel their hearts ache with the pain from being separated for so long.

Her eyes watered with longingness.

His chest throbbed with guilt.

The tears tracing her cheeks spoke more words than she could ever say with her lips.

He felt like a betrayer but on top of that he loved her.

Adrien ran across the room and grabbed Marinette's face, and kissed her passionately. She kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his neck, and suddenly she remembered how much she had missed his soft lips and the way his gentle fingertips brushed her cheeks. Their hearts thumped in sync, their lips matched perfectly, and their eyes closed tightly, savoring the kiss.

When they parted, they heard fireworks in that tiny, plain patient room. They were finally together after all.

But little did Adrien know that the hurricane he had been afraid of was coming much sooner than expected.

Hi!

Omg it was so fun writing that chapter because the emotion and love just gives me the tingles😂😍 it makes me sad that I'm making my favorite ship start to drown, but oh well, I already started the story.

If you liked that chapter paw-lease hit that vote button and comment! I also wanted to thank you guys how appreciative I am of your support!

Signing out!

~Laurel