Appointment? Check!

*Three weeks after the incident between Chloe and Adrien*

Chloe woke up that morning feeling extremely nauseous. Her head hurt madly and her insides churned in an odd way. Suddenly she ran to the bathroom, and doubled over, vomiting into the toilet. She coughed several times and then brushed her teeth to get rid of her breath.

But I never throw up! Chloe complained in her head. She stomped grumpily to the kitchen in her grand mansion, and instantly a stout maid arrived by her side.

"Good morning, Mademoiselle," she greeted kindly.

"Whatever, Ramona. I want my usual. But more fancy. I am not feeling well today."

Ramona quickly reacted. "Miss, we could most certainly book a spa appointment immediately."

"No, idiot! I'm feeling nauseous! I just threw up! And I never do!" Chloe sobbed dramatically into her hands.

"Oh my, why did you not address us?"

"JUST GET ME MY BREAKFAST."

Ramona followed her orders and scurried out of Chloe's sight.

Chloe sat frustrated in her leathery seat, wiping the tears off of her face. Maybe it was just the beginning of her period that was causing all these sudden emotions. But even her period had come late. Did that mean-

Nah... It wasn't possible.

Not even close to possible.

She laughed nervously to herself and waited impatiently for the food to come. Soon, Chloe was greeted by Ramona again, followed by the Head Chef. He presented a large, fancy, porcelain plate with gold flowers engraved onto the edges. On it, a small amount of salad that barely filled up half of the dish, sat isolated.

Chloe was outraged.

"I ask you for a breakfast, and you give me THIS?! Oh dear, I'm sorry for being hungry," she sneered sarcastically. "Extremely hungry, in fact .... Anyways, did you ever get an education, because I learned in kindergarten that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And this is not a breakfast. Ha, maybe an appetizer, BUT NOT A BREAKFAST!" She broke into tears again but they stopped almost immediately. "Thank you for the breakfast," Chloe said kindly, as she began eating.

Ramona and the Head Chef looked at each other in shock.

"But Mrs. Ramona," the Head Chef started. "The salad is her usual."

"Yes, Louis, I am aware. We shall set her up to meet the doctor. Something is definitely strange."

*~*~*~*~*

Chloe was surprised to hear that she had a sudden doctor's appointment. She didn't mind though — it would be nice to hear an explanation from a professional of why she felt so weird that morning. So she strutted into her awaiting limousine and had a seat in the large space in the back.

They arrived at the hospital and the driver helped her out of the limo, taking her hand as she stepped outside. She slapped a twenty dollar bill in his palm and then entered the automatic doors that lead into the building.

Chloe strolled into the hospital in all her glory, trailing behind patients gawking in awe at her rich and luxurious fashion choices. She got to the counter and rang the bell several times although a nurse was already present.

"Um, Miss Nurse Woman, I have a doctor's appointment right now." Chloe inspected her nails absentmindedly.

The nurse at the counter smiled. "Is it Ms. Chloe Bourgeois?"

"Yes. Now get me that VIP room, lady."

"Please sit down in one of those waiting chairs until a nurse tells you that you can come in."

She sat down as she was told, and after waiting for only a couple minutes, Chloe was being lead into the VIP patient room by a short nurse.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Bourgeois, how do you do?" The nurse greeted. "You can address me as Alouette. Let's get started!"

Alouette did a quick check on Chloe's eyes, nose, ears and mouth. Then the posture. Then the heartbeat. When the nurse put the stethoscope to her patient's chest and stomach, she scrunched up her forehead as if something was wrong.

"Chloe, how are you feeling lately?" She asked with a concerned frown on her face.

"Oh, how I've been feeling?! I'm miserable! I threw up this morning and felt nauseous several days before that, and then I had this really deep urge to eat a feast this morning. I don't know why. It was only that one time, though. Like, I definitely do not eat more than a salad for breakfast on normal days. It's not like I'm fat or anything. Got it? Anyways, then I realized my period was late and I'm thinking to myself, is there the slightest chance that I might have a flu?"

Alouette was quite taken aback that her patient was so clueless, given the obvious facts of her symptoms. "Ms. Bourgeois," she said. "You may be pregnant."

Dun dun duuuun!!!!!!!

Suspenseful...😂

Make sure to vote and comment and also check out, KittenInBlack, a watty friend I just met recently who is, by the way, amazing. She is so supportive and has been so nice to me. So thank you!

Thank you to all of my readers too, because I would never have expected for my story to reach 100 reads. Thank you if you added my story to your reading list or voted recently. love you all so much😘

Signing out!

~Laurel