Telling him

After a reassurance from the doctor, a nod from the nurse and several screams of shock from Chloe, it was confirmed that she was with child.

"How can this be?" She shrieked. "It's not possible! Oh wait - maybe it is...?"

Alouette shrugged. "Well it wouldn't hurt to add a new member to your family," she said.

"I'm not married, moron!" Chloe fired back with rage.

"O-oh, well do you have any idea of who the father might be?"

Chloe inhaled deeply to calm herself down before she said anything else that she would regret later. "Yes. Yes I do."

*~*~*~*~*~*

Adrien paced around the waiting room - it was only a matter of time before they started the C-section.

Thirty more minutes. Just thirty more.

Sabine and Tom waited too, a few seats away from their son-in-law, a bit nervous to get close to him. Adrien couldn't stand being there doing nothing, so he decided to take a walk outside. As he reached the lobby, a familiar figure bumped into him.

Chloe?

"What are you doing here?" He asked in surprise.

"Oh, hi...I need to go," she replied shyly, walking away as quickly as she could from him.

Adrien glanced at her strangely. "Wait! Stop!" he said.

Chloe's rushed footsteps abruptly paused and she turned her head to look at him in the eyes. "It's not a good time right now," she muttered.

"I just wanted to tell you - that night - it meant nothing. So don't go off thinking that we're married now or something. Because I belong with Marinette."

"O-okay." She slowly walked up to him, their faces so close to each other now, that they could hear each other's hearts beat. "I need to tell you something . . . I . . . I - I'm pregnant, Adrien."

The whole world stopped and Adrien suddenly backed away, inch by inch, further and further away. "You're lying," his voice quivered.

"I'm not. And I'm scared, Adrien! My whole life has turned upside down! What am I supposed to do? Raise this thing on my own while I watch the father have his happily ever after with the love of his life? I don't think so."

"B-but, I've already made a big mistake, Chloe. And now you're telling me that your pregnant? With my child?" Although he didn't want to believe it, he knew that she was telling the truth. He held his head and ruffled his hair. "So, what are you going to do?"

"What am I going to do?! Oh, no, no, no. What are we going to do. I'll give you three options. One, you tell Marinette, and we raise this baby together. Two, I get an abortion and we kill this baby. And three, I put it in adoption so we never have to see it again."

Adrien looked at her then down at his watch and his head jerked back to the waiting aisle. "Chloe, Marinette's having the baby now. I have to go. Well talk about this later, okay?" He sprinted off, Chloe following behind him.

"What baby?" She called after him. "She's having a surgery?!"

*~*~*~*~*~*

Adrien watched anxiously outside the surgery room — the doctors had asked for him to step out while they prepared. Chloe sat down behind him, as far away from Marinette's parents as she could. As she sat in boredom, she occupied herself by thinking about what she wanted to do with the baby. At first it was abortion, but then she changed her mind so it settled on adoption. Right now, that was what Chloe wanted.

"Adrien," she said. "I think adoption is the best plan for the baby." Chloe crossed her arms and looked at Adrien. "What do you think?"

"I think that's a good idea," he stated.

"Alright. Then, it's settled!" She huffed and stared at her phone blankly. Maybe it was hormones but suddenly she felt jealous that Adrien was going to let their child be with someone other than them so that he could care for another baby. But nonetheless, she kept it to herself and stayed silent.

Hi!

Heads up — the little baby girl will be presented in next chapter! So excited to write about her😍

Please comment and vote~

Signing out!

~Laurel