A surgery?

The last dot on her earrings disappeared and the pink magic transformed her back to Marinette. Her vision was blurry. Nothing compared to the sharp pain in her back. All she could hear were loud shouts from Chat's voice and the faint noise of an ambulance coming towards her. Marinette tried to sit up, tell everyone that she was not to worry about. But she couldn't. She could barely even open her mouth.

Her body was suddenly lifted off of the bumpy pavement and onto a mattress.

Then she felt an engine shaking and the rocking of the vehicle lulled her to sleep.

*~*~*~*

If only Adrien had quit being a jerk. If only he could turn back in time and listen. Then none of this would've happened. He paced around in the waiting room of the hospital, waiting for a reply. A nurse walked out and informed him he could come in. He sighed in relief and followed her to the doctor's office.

The man was seated in a bulky business chair with a name stand that read, Dr. Alex.

"Hello," he greeted. "Let's talk quickly and move straight on to helping your wife. It seems we've found a severe burn on her back so deep, it nearly damaged her spinal cord. This will affect her walking for a couple of weeks before she's completely healed from her wounds. Mrs. Dupain Chang will only receive pain and soreness in her spine for a month or so, but the real problem is the baby."

Adrein's face went pale and he slightly squirmed in his seat.

"We will have to perform a premature C-section as soon as we can if we want the fetus to survive. This will be the best strategy to keep both of your family members safe. Please sign here." Dr. Alex slid a piece of paper and gave him a pen. Adrien read it over and scribbled down his signature.

"When will the surgery start?" He asked.

"In only a few hours. We want to start action as soon as possible."

"Okay. Thank you, Doctor." He slipped out of his seat and returned to the waiting room. Adrien pulled out his phone and dialed a number. "Hi, Sabine."

"Oh my, Adrien?" Her voice replied.

"You and your husband have to come to the hospital quick. It's urgent."

"O-oh alright, dear. We'll be there."

The phone call ended.

Adrien felt a pang of guilt as his mind suddenly focused on Chloe. He needed to talk to her. And also speak to Marinette. Tell her what he did. He wouldn't be able to live with that secret forever.

Hi!

Sorry I haven't been updating in a while, I was in a summer conference.

Ugh I'm excited and also sad that the school year is about to start. When are you going to go to school? Comment down below!

Signing out!

~Laurel