Part 30

Next day morning, Ana woke up early and dressed up in formals for the office visit. When she came out, she was surprised to see Javier with Rahul's red Mercedes waiting for her. Since their return from trip her surprise list has been growing. Rahul never allowed anyone else to use his car.

Javier drove her to the midtown corporate office

Javier drove her to the midtown corporate office. She made her way to the entrance, taking out her old ID badge, hoping it was still working. She swiped the card as the guard looked at her fidgeting hands, but luckily for her, the light turned green and the turnstile opened, allowing her to proceed towards the bank of elevators.

She let the crowd pass and waited for an empty elevator and got into it. She realized her mistake, as she hit the button for her old office floor, by habit. There was nothing she could do now, so  she also hit the button for Rahul's office.

As the elevator paused on her old office floor, she was hoping, no one she knew would get in, but she had to hold her breath, as Jason hopped in as soon as the elevator doors opened.

"Wow Ana! What a surprise? What are you doing here? Trying for job again .... who are you interviewing with?" Jason fired his questions randomly, his eyes scanning her dress and body.

Ana knew what was going through his mind, from his dirty looks, but kept it diplomatic, replying, "How are you doing Jason? Just here for a quick meeting."

She didn't wait for his answer and got off the elevator as soon as the doors opened. Luckily for her, he turned the other way and she went directly towards Rahul's office.

"Is he in?" She asked his secretary.

"Yep, waiting for you." She answered, motioning with her eyes to go in immediately.

Ana knocked on his door twice and then entered his room slowly. She remembered, the last time she was in the room, Rahul fired her from the project.

Rahul was busy browsing through files. He knew Ana was in the room. He continued his work, without looking at her.

"You are late." He asked without lifting his head.

"We were stuck in traffic! You can ask Javier, your driver." She couldn't believe, he was behaving like old Rahul again. He didn't give her any instructions regarding the time and now he is blaming her again.

"You could have started earlier. We are late for the meeting." He spoke coming towards her.

"Aaaahh!" She tried to control, but the sound escaped her lips, as he took her hand and pulled her towards the door. She felt her cheeks burn with embarrassment as he turned and looked at her face and dropped her hand, before exiting the room.

"I need to control my feelings. Can't be shouting ooh and Aah ,everytime he touches me." She chided herself, closely following him.