Part 13

Rahul led Ana into a corner of the balcony, making sure she was his prisoner, with his hands on either side of her bare shoulders and turned her around to face him.

"Mr Shah ...wh...at .. do you want?" She almost choked as Rahul slid his hands from her shoulders to her neck and flicked her ears lightly with his thumbs. She felt two bolts of lightning pass through her body and she shuddered slightly.

Ana closed her eyes as he brought his face close to her, wondering if he was going to kiss her. Her heartbeat peaked and she felt tingling sensation all over her body in anticipation of close encounter.

"Are you playing some kind of game with me? I told you to go back to Boston." He asked her, looking seriously into her eyes.

She took few seconds to recover and then replied looking down, "I don't work for you anymore and I am not going back to Boston."

"Why? Did you dump your boyfriend?"

"That is none of your business!" She raised her head and looked at him.

"Is that why you are so desperate to be here, to find a rich boyfriend? I saw you talking to Vicky. Ria was right about you .."

"How dare you talk about me ..." Ana was ready to slap him ... she was fuming with anger.

"Rahul! What are you doing? Leave her now!" Mandy came from behind.

Rahul immediately stepped back.

"Nothing Ma, I am trying to find who invited her to this party. She is not supposed to be here."

Mandy walked over to Ana and put a hand on her back to assure her, "Are you okay honey?"

"You know her?" Rahul's eyes widened with surprise. Meanwhile Ria joined them hearing the commotion.

"Yes, I invited her to the party and you are being very mean to my guest."

"Really! ... how do you know her?"

"She is the reason I am alive today. She saved my life and I am indebted to her. I am planning to ask her to be my PA." Mandy looked at Ana as if asking for her approval and pulled her closer.

"But you already have a PA." Rahul didn't like where the conversation was going. He wanted to be far away from her, but she seems to be getting closer.

"I know, she will be more like a personal companion. You know, after Neha's marriage, she settled in Florida and you are busy with business, so I need someone who can be with me and take care of me. Ana took good care of me and saved my life, so I think this is perfect for her and me, ofcourse if she agrees."

"Mandy, I can get a professional nurse who can take care of you" Ria spoke, trying to stop Ana from getting hired.

"Thanks Ria, I am not looking for another employee, but someone who is like a friend and family and I have a good feeling that Ana and I are going to bond perfectly. Even Neha likes her. If anyone has any issues with Ana, please go through me." Mandy led Ana away from them.

Ana could feel the heat of two pair of eyes drilling into her back as she walked away from Rahul and Ria.

Mandy then asked Ana to help her, not as an employee, but as a friend and promised to take care of her. Though Ana had her own doubts about accepting the job, she was overcome by emotion the way Mandy and Neha treated her, so she agreed to work with Mandy. In the course of the day, she lost her old project and job, but gained a new job and good friends. She was happy that with the current job, she would be able to afford Prince's day care.

Just as the party was ending, Vicky, heir to a fast food business empire, came upto her, "Ana, I am really glad, I came to the party today and got to know you. I am hosting a party at my place next month and would be very happy if you can honor us with your presence."