We are...mates?

Recap:

Before she had a chance to answer, the dragon roared. I had forgotten about him until now, but upon seeing him, I was in complete and utter shock. His eyes changed like Leeva's did, and his scales were as red as her hair. His horns were a bright white, and his teeth must have been two feet long. His neck and back were covered in short spikes, with a gap by his shoulders. His wings we a lighter shade of red than his scales, and look to be about 15 feet long. I gulped at his roar. The girl, Leeva, looked me in the eyes. Everything she was about to say, was thrown out the window.

"Mine." We both whispered.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\///\\//\\//\\//\\

Leeva gulped. -Rthurd, He's my mate! I thought your mothers mother said that it was a fairy tale!- Rthurd growled. -Leeva, it's because he is going to hatch my mate. It was destined.- Leeva blinked and stared at the prince. He had black hair that covered half of his face. He had bright green eyes that had little blue specks in them. Leeva sighed.

"Excuse me you two, I'd appreciate it if you could stop undressing yourselves and have a conversation. My son, Quinton, meet Leeva the Dragon Rider." Leeva tore her gaze away from Quinton and looked at the king.

"My lord, how do you know who I am?" She asked him. The king smirked.

"Leeva my dear, it's been foreseen. The witches of old once told me that a girl with fire would ride upon the Dragon and bring them back to the world. I thought it was fake as the years went by. But when you said my Real name, well, I figured you had the dream." Leeva gasped.

"H-how did you know about that?" She asked.

"My great, great grandfather was the rider for your dragons grandmother. I know everything about dragons, and their riders. Even my son knows about them." Leeva looked at Quinton again, taking in his appearance. -Leeva, give him the egg. It is time.- Leeva gulped, and took out the egg.

"Then, Prince Quinton, you know what this means." She said while taking the egg out of her pouch. She held it out to him. Quinton looked at it, and walked towards her, and reached out for the egg. Leeva took a step back. "I will not hand this over to you that easily. You must pass Rthurd's test." Quinton gulped and nodded.

"Of course." He looked to the dragon, Rthurd.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

Quinton's POV

I looked at Rthurd and nodded. I felt a sharp pain in my head, then a conscience. -H-hello?- I felt a sharp jab again, then my memories started to fly everywhere. My eyes watered as Rthurd brought up the memory of my mothers death. -Please Rthurd, not that one.- I sighed as I felt him retreat. -Quinton, son of none. You have passed my test. Since you know of Dragons, when the egg hatches at your touch, you will not go through the things that Leeva and I did. When my mate hatches, she will have a name. You must ask her. And when a week has passed, you will fly with her, and she will reacher full size. Leeva and I will not be back until that time. And you MUST NOT tell anyone of her, hide her away. It's too soon for the world. Do you understand?- I looked Rthurd in the eyes and nodded. -I understand.- Rthurd roared and walked out. Leeva looked at me with sadness in her eyes.

"My lord, and Prince Quinton, I shall be back in one weeks time. Be safe." I watched her walk away, my heart tearing in two when the doors shut behind her.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

Leeva's POV

I watched with Rthurd as we saw Quintons mother pass. I held in my tears, afraid of Quinton knowing that I too, watched his memories. As I followed beside Rthurd, I thought back to my own past. -Leeva, calm down. Let us not travel to the past, we can not change it, for if we did, we would not be who we are today.- I nodded. -I know, but it still brings tears. So what are we going to do for a week?- I asked him. Rthurd looked my way and gave me a toothy grin. -We are going to bond. Flying, hunting, learning together. We will learn skills we will need to fight as well. Plus we will see what powers you posses.- I looked at him in shock.

I have...powers?

Sorry for such a short chapter! Just wanted to upload before the holiday!

If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow :)

Can't reach me on here? Try my twitter! @foryouiwait

Still can't reach me? Www.youtube.com/Ryvrsong

I always answer inbox messages on that :)