Chapter 4

A/N:

Me again guys! Sorry.... I'm trying to update as much as possible, but work and school and everything is making it kind of hard to... I WILL DO IT! :p

-Ryvrsong

Chapter 4:

I woke up in the morning, Uther's arm was around my waist. I looked over at his face. He seems so peaceful right now, I thought. I moved his arm off of me, grabbed my egg from underneath the bed, and walked out of his room. His mother, Marci was in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

"Oh good morning Leeva! How did you sleep last night?" She asked me. Her voice cracked a little towards the end.

"I sleeped peacefully, thank you!" I gave her a hug. "I am so sorry About your husband. I promise I will help you and Uther in any way that I can."

Marci hugged me back. "Thank you Leeva. While you are out hunting, I will make sure your mother is well taken care of." I smiled at her.

"Thank you. I will stop by later on tonight! I need to go and make sure everything is ok. Bye Marci, and tell Uther.... Tell Uther that he will be the best Knight ever." She smiled at my words, a tear falling down her cheek.

I walked out of the house, and was about halfway home, when the egg started to move.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had heard a voice, a sweet and innocent voice. I tried to move around to hear it better, but I was surrounded, and worse, was that I was cramped, and needed to move. I'm not sure what the voice was saying, but the sound itself was beautiful. I tried to open up my eyes, but something sticky was keeping them closed. I struggled, trying to break free of my prison. Soon, I heard a crack. The noise sounded just like freedom, already I can start to see something bright shining through the crack. The stickiness that surounded me started to go away after i pushed at the crack some more, soon there was a hole, where colors were streaming in. I heard that sound again, the beautiful sound cooing. I struggled to get out faster so I can see what was making that sound.

As I kept pushing at the hole, one of my feet pushed through, and I pulled it back so I could stick my head through. What I saw, made my mouth open, and made me blink several times. The creature standing before me was beautiful, and thats when I realized that this creature was making that beautiful sound. I finally broke free of my prison, and tumbled onto a hard surface. I looked up at the creature, and as our eyes truly met for the first time, a connection started to form.

A bright red light caused the creatures fire mane to flow in random directions, and her violet eyes opened wide, and started to glow. The red light surrounded both of us, and grew brighter and brighter until I couldnt look at it any longer. Just as I was about to close my eyes, it disappeared. I felt a tugging at my mind, and went to investigate. Her voice came into my mind, saying words that I couldnt yet understand. I sent her a picture of herself, along with confusion.

'Do not worry, I will not hurt you. I know your mother.' The voice said. I didnt understand what she ment, until another tug at my mind, different from hers, attacked my mind. This one seemed stronger, and frightening, but I let it in anyways, curious as to whom it was.

'My child. I am your mother. You cannot see me, but I can see you. We share this bond, and with this bond, I send you the knowledge of the Humans, what they have done, how they speak, and who the human standing in front of you truly is. I also send you the knowledge of our race.'

Suddenly, everything became clear. I looked up at the human, my gaurdian, and saw the Mark upon her wrist.

'You are my Gaurdian, My rider, My friend.' I sent to her. She seemed schocked at what I had just sent her.

'You...You can understand me?' She asked. I could read her mind, and I sensed confusion. I could understand where she came from, I too, was confused about how I could talk to her.

'Yes I can.'

'What... What is your name? Are you a male or a female? How fast do you grow? What do you eat? Are you hungry?' Her questions came fast, and didnt stop. I growled at her, making her shut up. I chuckled at how fast she became quiet.

'My name is Rthurd. I am a male. I do not know, but seeing how I have grown four... Inches... I believe is your mesurments....I grow quiet fast withing my first stage of life. I eat any kind of meat, and yes, I can feel a pain in my body, that I can only asume is what you call hunger. But my eyes are also in pain. Tell me, what is your name?' I asked her, glad to answer her questions.

She smiled at me. 'My name is Leeva, and your eyes hurt because you are tired. Or... I think thats what that means. Come, I have a place where you can rest, and I can bring you some food. You will be safe until I return.' She picked me up, and began walking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I picked up the dragon, and carried him to a cave I had found during my hunt in the Forrbidden Area. It wasnt a far walk from where he had hatched, but far enough that no one will suspect a dragon to be living.

I looked down at Rthurd, and smiled. He looked almost like his mother, bright red scales, and tiny little horns sprouting up from his forehead. His eyes were violet, just like hers. On his right shoulder blade, there was a tattoo of sorts that matched her Mark on her wrist. She looked at it and thought for a moment about what the Mark really means, and why she never knew that dragons could have riders.

As I made a fire in the dark cave, I watched him as his eyelids fell, and he began to sleep. I had many questions running through my head, but I didnt wake him, afraid of waking a tired baby dragon.

A/N:

If you read this as soon as I post it, you might want to go back and re read it in a few days. I'm tired and dont feel like elaborating just yet. This came into my mind as I was half asleep, and knew I had to write it down. I will be editing it to make it go much more smoothly after I get more time... AGAIN!

-Ryvrsong