Chapter 8

RECAP:

 "Of course. But, I think we need to go visit the elderly King. It appears he has some information for us, does he not?" She asked him. Rthurd nodded and looked back down at the egg. Leeva looked with him. The future of Human-kind and of Dragons lies within that egg, she thought.

~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-

Leeva and Rthurd managed to leave the Forbidden Area behind, flying high into the sky so no one could see them. Leeva looked down at the egg upon her lap. 'Do not fret Leeva, The egg shall hatch. I can feel it in my bones.' Rthurd blew some smoke out of his nose. Leeva closed her eyes. She had found, that talking through their mind link was easier when flying. She had to find out after she had almost swallowed 20 bugs and a baby bird. 'Rthurd, arent you afraid of who will make her hatch?' She asked him. 'What Is their to worry about? She will hatch. I know she will. She is my mate after all.' Leeva nodded, and was about to say something else, when an arrow went flying by her. 'RTHURD! We are being attacked!' She screamed through the mind link. 'Hold on tight Leeva!' Rthurd yelled at her. He pulled his wings in and rolled through the air. Leeva clung on tight, hearing the wind whip at her ears and the arrows flying passed. 'Rthurd, Im losing my grip. Fly higher, out of their range.' Rthurd growled and did as he was told. Soon the arrows were unable to reach them. 'Leeva? You have been silent. Are you ok?' He asked her. Leeva took a few deep breaths. 'Yes Rthurd, I am fine. We must hurry. I feel as though we are no longer welcome in these parts.' Rthurd bowed his head and sped up. 

Soaring through the air, Leeva felt happy. She smiled and closed her eyes. 'Rthurd, I need to sleep. When you need to take a rest, feel free. Wake me if you need to rest so I can keep an eye out.' Leeva started to drift to sleep before Rthurd's mind entered hers. 'Leeva, we shall be safe. I promise.' She smiled and closed her eyes, falling into the darkness that awaited her.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

One week later

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

'RTHURD! MORE ARCHERS!' Leeva shouts. A week had passed since the two of them had set off to the King. They had come across many archers, protecting their homes from a dragon. Leeva Tried her hardest to hide, not wanting news of a Rider going around. Rthurd Roared and flew higher. 'Leeva, we are here. Stop hiding and look around.' Leeva opened her eyes and looked around at their surroundings. Rthurd had begun to fly closer to the ground. Leeva opened her arms and raised her chin as he flew over water. She laughed when people stopped and stared at the two of them. 'Rthurd, how will we get passed the gaurds?' She asked him. Rthurd snorted. 'They wouldnt dare touch me, not if they valued their lives.' Leeva chuckled. 'Ok, I trust you Rthurd.' She gulped as the gaurds came into view. 

"HAULT! You cannot come any closer dragon!" A gaurd shouted. 'Land on the ground.' Leeva told Rthurd. He grunted and landed on the ground. The Gaurds took several steps back.  Leeva jumped off of Rthurds back. 'Let me handle this.' 

Leeva looked at all of the gaurds. "And why can't he?" She asked. A gaurd walked up to her and grabbed her arm. "Listen her miss! This is men's work, this isn't for children!" Rthurd growled, his eyes turning a deep red and glowing. "Calm down, I can handle myself." Leeva turned to the gaurd that was holding her arm. "I suggest you release me sir. My dragon is territorial." The gaurd dropped her arm, and gulped as Rthurd growled again. "Now that that is settled, I have buisness with the King. Do not ask me what it is, For as you can see it is about a prophecy, and is only for the King. I suggest you lead me to him before I become angry." The Gaurds, shaking in their armor, nodded and showed her and Rthurd into the castle. Leeva looked around. The gate was large enough for a dragon ten times the size of Rthurd to walk in. It was as if the Castle was made for Dragons. The walls were a thick, black marble, with paintings of past kings and families hanging on the walls. There was a traditional red carpet leading to the king's throne. Leeva smirked at that. Rthurd nudged her forwards with his nose. 'Stop looking and follow. You can gaze at it later.' Leeva laughed. The gaurds looked back at her.

"Miss, please wait here while we tell the King that you are here." Leeva nodded her head and leaned on Rthurd's shoulder. 'Do you think that we are doing the right thing Rthurd?' Leeva asked. Rthurd moved his head to face her. 'Leeva, This is what we are supposed to do. I can feel it.' Leeva nodded and was about to reply when the Gaurds came back out. "The king is ready for you." Leeva looked towards Rthurd and followed the gaurds, taking in a deep breath.

Unknown's POV:

I watched my father as the gaurds were talking to him. "Sir, she rode upon a dragon's back! She wishes to speak to you about a prophecy!"

I chuckled at the Gaurd's words. I faced him. "A dragon? Please! There hasnt been a Rider in years, nevermind a Female dragon! What you speak is Lies!" My father hushed me.

"My Prince, She is but outside the doors waiting to speak to your father." The gaurd then quickly bowed his head, forgetting who's presence he was in. I raised my head. 

My father looked over at me. "Perhaps we should let her in and see what she has to say." I sighed. "Well, father, you are the King, do what you wish." My father grunted at me as I started to get up. "You are to stay here with me my son." I groaned. "Gaurds, Let her in." My father told them. 

When she walked in, my breath caught in my throat. Her red hair flowed at her sides, brighter than any fire. Her eyes were flashing from a bright forest green, to a deep glowing red. Her skin was pale as a ghost's, and yet she was so beautiful. I was so entranced by her appearance, that I almost didn't notice when she looked my way. I glanced at my father. His eyes were wide open in shock. I looked back over at the girl. She held herself so high, and seemed so centered on the task at hand. The Qualities of a Queen, I thought to myself. I shook those thoughts out of my head. However they came back when she glared at me, and spoke. 

"My king, the words I am to speak to you, are not meant to be heard by a child. Prince or not." Her words rang through my ears. They sounded like an Angels voice, so beautiful, yet deadly. 

"My son will be taking over for me soon, He has to be trained to handle any situation, even if that means it's against your wishes." She snorted. 

"Please, he will never be able to deal with what you have dealt with in the past, and You know it. Rkarshi." My father drew in a breath. I looked between the two of them. 

"Father! Do you know this girl?" I roared at him. My father shook his head. 

"I, I have not heard that name in a long time. Tell me, Are you Leeva?" The girl stiffened at the name. Leeva... the name bounced around in my head, it was so beautiful. 

Before she had a chance to answer, the dragon roared. I had forgotten about him until now, but upon seeing him, I was in complete and utter shock. His eyes changed like Leeva's did, and his scales were as red as her hair. His horns were a bright white, and his teeth must have been two feet long. His neck and back were covered in short spikes, with a gap by his shoulders. His wings we a lighter shade of red than his scales, and look to be about 15 feet long. I gulped at his roar. The girl, Leeva, looked me in the eyes. Everything she was about to say, was thrown out the window. 

"Mine." We both whispered.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\///\\//\\//\\//\\

Hey guys! Thanks for reading so far! Sorry for the wait. I want to know, do you like it longer or shorter? :p OH! And how do you like the new POV?

ANyways, don't forget to Vote and comment if you liked it, I am always looking for someone to tell me how much it sucks xD

And if you want an email everytime I update, feel free to Follow me and all that jazz~ <3

~Ryvrsong~