49. In What felt like Forever

Start from the beginning

I wanted to mindlink Suzzanah but she still wasn't used it. If I ended up mind-linking her while she was in the middle of a conversation, then the other person was bound to notice, especially if it was a werewolf.

Damn it!

I hated that there were so many restrictions on me when it came to my mate. The only reason I was even remotely trying to stick to them was because it was to ensure Suzzanah's safety by keeping her true identity as Queen, a secret.

But why does it feel like she still isn't safe?!

Frustrated, I was about to take my phone and dial Rino's number when suddenly I felt the distinctive familiar clearing of my mind which was characteristic of a mindlink. Someone was trying to reach me.

Suzzanah?

Immediately I let it through.

Sweetheart?

Uh...Alpha, it's me

John?

My shoulders slumped in disappointment and I heard a muffled sound from opposite to me. I looked at Cole who was biting back a laugh. His eyes were glassy, just like mine, telling me that he was also in on this mindlink.

I apologize, John said, sounding amused, it seems you were expecting someone else's uh...call

Have you gone through the Book? I asked, ignoring his comment.

I have, he replied, And I've found some rather interesting things too

I exchanged anticipatory glances with Cole. Finally, a piece of good news!

The Business that John had had to urgently leave on had been an extremely confidential matter that only I, Cole and Marco knew about. He had left to go to the Central Library in order to look through the one Book that could possibly hold some answers to the questions that had plagued our minds since the day that Prophecy had foretold the coming of the Lunas.

'The Book of Ages'

It was the oldest documentation of Werewolf civilization that contained all the significant events that had ever transpired in Werewolf History. It was the most important and most confidential document of all time and was preserved under extremely tight security at the Central Library.

Everything, from the birth of the very first Werewolf to the crowning of the current King had been recorded in that one book. Normally, no one had access to the book, seeing as if the information in that book fell into the wrong hands, it would prove to be disastrous for the Werewolf kind.

They would know all our little secrets, our strengths and our weaknesses and vulnerabilities. Therefore, the book was under 24-hour supervision in one of the deepest and most heavily guarded chambers within the Central Library.

Only once in a decade, the 'Book of Ages' was brought out of the chamber giving the then ruling entities to have a look at it, if they wished to do so. And that day, for this decade, had been today.

Only three persons in the whole Kingdom had the authorization to view the contents of the 'Book of Ages'-

The Alpha King

The Alpha of Wisdom

The Elite Overseer

The Elite Overseer was the oldest Werewolf alive. He was a part of the Elite Council of Overseers which was a council composed of the oldest and most knowledgeable persons of each Supernatural Species. It was the Council responsible for maintaining peace between the Supernaturals, a little like the UN for the humans.