"Hm, tell me about it." I sighed again and took a huge swig of my drink, finishing it. I pushed it towards Kol, "More."

He poured some bourbon into the glass, "What's the deal with you two then?"

"I met him in a bar in '05. We fell in love, got an apartment, then your arsehole hybrid of a brother tore us apart. I got bit by a werewolf, then Klaus gave Elijah a choice of me dying or him leaving. He left. Then Klaus compelled me to forget everything about him and Elijah."

Kol handed me the glass, "And then you got the memories back?"

"Hm. Klaus recently compelled them back making me fall unconcious everytime I remembered something. I was out for five days once, missed out on a lot." I replied, drinking from the glass.

"Like?" Kol asked.

"Like Damon kissing Elena. Did I forget to mention I was in love with Damon before I even turned, and over a hundred years after that. Hm." I downed my drink again.

"You live a complicated life, Cassie." Kol said, staring at me intently.

I let out a soft laugh, "And that's not even a quarter of my problems."

It fell silent and then words began to idiotically fall out of my mouth, "How long were you daggered in a box for?"

He remained silent, staring at me in thought. I sucked in an anxious breath and shook my head at myself, "Sorry, that's not my business."

"No, it's all right." Kol responded, "I've been daggered and undaggered more times than I can count. My brothers think they can control my life and usually join sides to dagger me again."

"You don't deserve that. The one thing everyone has is a choice, they shouldn't take that away from you for their own personal games." I replied. He gave me a small smile, knowing I understood him.

"Try telling them that. They do what they want, they always have done." Kol drank his bourbon.

"That's messed up. They should be glad they have family, siblings. Someone to love, someone to love them back. They shouldn't take advantage of that." I looked down at the table, playing with the beer coaster, "They should be grateful for their family because some of us can never get theirs back."

I looked up at Kol. He was looking at me with sympathy in his eyes, "I'm sorry, darling. You're right you know, but let's not let them ruin our night. More drinks?"

▂▂▂▂

"Three, two, one." I downed the shot and slammed the glass on the table. Kol doing the same just a second after. I laughed, "I win."

"I know when I've been beaten." Kol said, pretending to bow down. I laughed again. We had been drinking and talking for at least three hours.

"So, are you finally gonna tell me who Kol Mikaelson is?" I asked, wiping the excess liquid from my lips.

"I already told you." Kol replied, tilting his head.

I drunkenly shook my head and wiggled my finger at him, "No, no, no. You told me you were sexy -- " I furrowed my brows, " -- which is kinda true, but that doesn't tell me who you are."