Chapter 41- Let's Do This!

Reagan POV

"Louis, what, wa-, what are you doing here?" 

My body was shaking as I tried to scramble away from Zayn. Without looking at either one of them, I quickly pulled my hoodie back on. My sweatpants were in shreds on the floor, so I grabbed a pair of Zayn's shorts and tied them really tight around me. When I finally got the courage to look back up at them, I was surprised at what I saw. Zayn had buttoned his shorts back up and was staring at Louis. Louis was staring at the ground, his hands clenched into fists. 

"So, what's going o-?” Niall cut off as soon as he laid eyes on me, "Whoa. I didn't know you were here."

"Niall", Zayn began, his hardened eyes focused on Louis, "why didn't you tell me Louis was coming back?" 

"He told me not to", Niall said, obviously amused at the situation, "And in my defense, it's 2 in the morning. Are you two animals? Trust me. If I had known Louis would walk in on this, I would've given him a heads up. But, it was to my understanding that you two were fighting the last time that I saw you. Obviously...you made up."

I blushed and rolled my eyes at Niall. 

"This is sufficiently awkward", Zayn snickered. 

"Yeah, it is", Niall countered, "Louis, I'm going to have to ask that you don't overreact."

I finally looked back up at Louis, whose eyes had never left me. He looked pissed off, hurt, psychotic. The bad thing was, I wasn't sure if he was getting ready to snap or not. 

"Overreact?” Louis finally spoke, "I just walked in on my ex and best friend getting ready to have sex, and I'm supposed to be okay with it?" 

"Yes!” Zayn said, throwing his hands in the air, "Because she's not your girlfriend."

"She isn't yours either", Louis spat. 

"Well, that might've changed after tonight before you so rudely showed up."

"Then, it looks like I'm right on time."

I wanted to laugh, as Niall was doing right now, but I couldn't bring myself to. Something told me that Louis wasn't as calm as he was acting.

"Reagan?” Louis said after 3 very long minutes, "Wanna tell me what happened here?" 

Didn't he just say what happened? Why did he need me to repeat it? 

"You know what?” he continued, "Never mind. I don't want to hear it from you. I want to hear it from 'my friend'. Go ahead."

Zayn rolled his eyes and scowled at Louis. 

"I have a question", Zayn paced around the room, "For someone that says they don't care who Keating is with, you sure look like someone who cares."

"I don't care who she screws as long as the person isn't someone that I call my best friend, Zayn! Wow. Talk about Bro Code."

"Bro Code?!” Zayn snorted, "YOU SLEPT WITH HER FIRST! She was my ex-girlfriend, and you slept with her long before I knew about it!" 

"That wasn't-"

"Save it, Louis. Don't give me any crap about Bro Code. You broke that code long before I did."

"You still could've told me!” Louis shouted, "I deserved that!" 

"You betrayed me first! Friends don't sleep with friends' exes! And, she was my ex long before she was yours. Bro Code broken. I don't have to tell you anything! And, I still had the balls to tell you we slept together a week ago when you still kept everything a secret from me!" 

"She was your ex long before she was mine? Wait...Does that mean-?" 

"Does that mean that I know about you and Keating being a couple? Yes, Louis. That's what that means. How oblivious does everyone think I am? I've known for a while." 

"It's about time", Niall muttered under his breath.

I wanted to say something, just so they would acknowledge that I was still there, but I wasn't sure what to say. 'Sorry Louis that you almost witnessed me and your best friend having sex?' There's a Hallmark card they need to write. Looking back at the boys, I noticed that Zayn and Louis were both still staring each other down. Shouldn't Niall get in there and say something? Zayn's chest was moving very quickly, his breathing getting more ragged by the second. Louis's knuckles were practically white because of how hard he was clenching them. 

"Okay, okay", Niall said, standing in between them, "Now that you've both said some stuff, how about we just drop this and talk about it tomorrow night?" 

Niall's hands were on both of their chests, but Louis and Zayn never broke eye contact. 

"Niall, get out of the way", Louis said, threateningly. 

"Wh-?" 

Before Niall even had a chance to respond, Zayn's fist collided with Louis's face. Louis staggered backwards for a second before regaining his balance. 

"Okay", Niall said, now moving out of the way, "Zayn, now that you've gotten your frustration ou-."

Again, Niall didn't have a chance to finish. Louis shoved Niall out of the way and lunged at Zayn. They both fell through Zayn's open door. 

"You backstabbing dick!” Louis yelled, sending another fist to Zayn's face.