Chapter 23- Broken Bones, Broken Ribs, & Broken Hearts

Reagan POV

"Trinity, stop running! We have to help Lou!"

"Sorry, sis", she didn't even look at me as she continued running, "That's your boyfriend! Not mine! I need to stay alive for my son! I'm really sorry!"

I heard her voice fading away, and my heart was thumping in my chest. The gunshots had ceased, but I knew they had made contact with someone. Louis and I were severely outnumbered. 2 guys were approaching me, and even though I couldn't see Louis, I could hear him being beaten.

"Louis!"

I didn't know if my screams were reaching him, but I had to try. I tried to remember my self-defense from Harry, but these guys were 3 sizes bigger than me. It would never work. 

"Looks like your boyfriend picked a good one", one of the big, stupid guys said, walking up to me, "You're quite attractive."

"Don't even think about it", I snarled as I struggled under his grasp, "Leave me alone."

"Do you really think you're in any position to be making demands?"

He had a point. The only person that could protect me was hurt, and I was no match up against these 2 guys. But, I definitely wasn’t going down without a fight.

"Louis! Can you hear me?"

"Princ-", I heard something crack as he was cut off. 

Broken bones? We really were in trouble!

"Babe!"

"Stop yelling", the guy that was now carrying me over his shoulder said, "There's no point. We're killing you both anyway."

Woah. That's not I was not expecting. What had we done to them? The next thing I knew, I was being thrown on the ground, roughly, I might add. No manners, I see. I opened my mouth to make a smart comment when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. Louis was on his knees, keeled over with one hand holding his stomach.

"Babe?"

He looked in my direction, but he didn't speak. No surprise there since his jaw was now swollen, and blood was dripping from his mouth. I wondered why he was making no attempt to escape until I looked up to see he was handcuffed to the cab door handle. Louis had nowhere to go.

"Let him go!” I shouted, knowing it was no use.

I tried my best to get closer to him, but I was stopped by that huge guy, let's call him Pete.

"You're not going anywhere. Princess, is it?"

I spat at him, and he didn't even flinch. Told you I was no match against them.

"Pissing me off wouldn't be a good place to start. I already shot your boyfriend. Wouldn't want me to shoot you too, would you?"

My eyes got wide in horror as I looked over at Louis again. He spat out a mouthful of blood, and I finally saw why he was clutching his stomach. Blood was now seeping through his shirt as he tried desperately to stop it. His non-handcuffed hand was completely red. I'm no doctor, but I knew that he was losing too much blood.

"Lou-", I was cut off by a fist to the face.

Louis yelled something as he tried his best to lunge at the guy who had just hit me.

"Shut up! Yelling at him isn't going to make him magically able to respond to you. I'm pretty sure his jaw is broken", Pete said.

"What do you want?” I asked, clutching my face where it stung, "What do you want from us?"