Twenty Three

After congratulating Lissa and awkwardly acknowledging Christian was around to stay for good Adrian and I snuck off to my room. It was dark in there, but no longer filled with the atmosphere of sadness that had been with us since Tatiana's letter was revealed. I opened the door slowly but once stepping inside I hadn't a second to breathe before Adrian shut the door and pinned me against it.

He was kissing my neck, each only searing into my skin and branding me. Saying that I was his. Are hips grinding against each other's as his lips found mine? My hands were tangled in his perfect brown hair as his hands roamed my body, enjoying each curve. Somehow we ended across the room. Laying on the bed as he pulled off my shirt and took off my jeans. I was only left in my black lace bra and matching underwear as Adrian kissed me fiercely. It was the most wonderful kisses I had ever been given. They were full of longing, passion, happiness and sadness. Full of every emotion possible as I shoved off his pants, unbuttoned his top and threw it somewhere on the floor.

Only undergarments clothed our bodies as we held each other. I wanted to be as close as humanly possible with him. I wanted everything he had to give, and I knew he'd give it to me if I asked. He unhooked by bra with the skill he had always had, the flick of his finger and the tug of his hand on my lace underwear and I was naked, on display for his eyes only. His silk black boxers came off soon after as we tangled in the sheets, kissing every inch of each other.

He made love to me like he had never before, the few times we have had these moments they had been so different now it was a moment I never wanted to let go to. I shattered multiple times as he whispered my name and told me that he loved me. The word love means so much more now than ever. We have been faced against the odds. Moroi, Dhampir but still we are more than sexual partners.

Adrian is my soul, I didn't think I had one for a while but I do and Adrian holds it. When he was finished and our lips raw from kissing we breathed heavily as he held me against his sweaty body. Even though we were both covered in each other's sweat we just sat there, cuddled in the linen and the comfort of each other. We fell asleep like that, perfect and in harmony.

Sometime in the night I awoke again and had to literally peel myself from Adrian's body. But he soon woke up after. His voice was sexy groggy and I couldn't help but smile, ever since finding out we could be together I could stop smiling. "Look at you."

"What about me?" I said as Adrian stared at me with an imperfect smirk that made him a hundred times dreamier

"Your Aura it isn't so black anymore. It's not something i know, just a  lovely shade of a color I can't describe."

"What does that mean?" I asked with a yawn

"Somehow little dhampir, you have driven out the darkness." He said. I leaned back into Adrian's comforting body, lean and muscled. I look back up at him with heavy lidded eyes and said with a sigh before drifting off back into a dreamless sleep "I didn't you did, Adrian."

After everything Adrian and Rose have gone through they deserved this scene. But everything isn't for nothing in the story ;-)