Twenty Four

Two weeks

It took two weeks for Lissa's new assistant to make all the preparations for the wedding and coronation that was supposed to be held today. I was watching as Lissa was zipped into her white wedding dress, with long lace sleeves the dress was elegant and tightly fitted. "How do I look?" Lissa asked, her eyes filled with nerves. I could feel it down the bond as well, it was a runaway type of panic but a panic that could never end now that she was going to be Queen. "Stunning as always." Someone said from behind Rose. Adrian had entered the room with a bright smile. It looked so handsome in his suit that it almost look her breath away. He was looking at a smiling Lissa before he turned to Rose and widened his smile. "You - you look beautiful Rose." He said as he slipped his arm around her waist and kissed her. It was two quick kisses which in between he muttered "And that dress, wow! Little dhampir all mine for tonight and every night." I elbowed him in the side as we pulled apart but I couldn't help but still blush when Adrian spoke to me. I did look amazing in the dress Lissa picked out, it was a baby blue silk that hugged my hips perfectly.

Adrian took Lissa's arm and said with a smile "Ready?" Lissa asked Adrian if he would walk her down the aisle since her brother and father were not there, with tears in his eyes he accepted. Lissa nodded her head with a smile. They walked down the corridors to the big church. I held her long lace train as Adrian and Lissa walked together as he whispered her words of comfort. When they got to the tall wooden double doors the bond was going crazy with Lissa being so nervous. Rose took Lissa's hand and squeezed. Lissa turned to rose with fear in her green eyes "Relax Liss, it's just you and Christian, no one else. Think of that okay?" "Okay." Lissa said with a deep breath as I gave her one more squeeze and went to whisper in Adrian's ear. "I love you." I kissed him on the cheek and began to turn away but he pulled me back and said in a hushed tone. "One day we will have one of these of our own" It took me a second comprehend what he meant once I understood my stomach fluttered and I nodded my head before slipped through a side entrance to make my way to the front row. It was more than packed. 

People were everywhere and Christian and the Priest were already standing at the front of everyone with the crown that Lissa would soon receive next to them. When I sat down the music began and all the chattering people went silent and stood. I stood as well and looked down the aisle as the doors opened and Lissa was a radiant beautiful bride, I began to tear up but pushed them back and smiled as she and my Adrian walked down the aisle. I looked over to the only person Lissa was staring at and saw cold Christian was crying too. It made me want to laugh but I didn't, I watched as Adrian kissed Lissa's cheek and handed her over to Christian. Adrian came to stand beside me and held my hand as we all sat and watched as Lissa and Christian were joined in union. The whole time I was thinking about what Adrian said about us getting married. I never thought I would but now, I'm not so sure. I've never loved anyone as much as I now love Adrian and I have never been loved by somebody as much as Adrian loves me. I looked up at him and whispered. "Was that a proposal earlier?"

 "No."  Adrian said while looking forward at out friends.

"Oh."

 "I want to propose to you Rose in the most spectacular way possible, something worthy of you saying yes." 

My throat felt as if it was closing but I swallowed hard and watched as the priest announced that they were now married as Christian pulled Lissa into his arms and kissed her passionately. Everyone was clapping, some because they were truly happy for Lissa, others because they feared there new queen. They were smiling as they broke apart, sucking in air as everyone quieted down. Now was the bigger moment of the day. The coronation. Christian let go of Lissa's hand as she mounted the dais and was handed the scepter and orb. Her hands were slightly trembling as she held in out and repeated he words she had memorized, the promise for her people that she would be a fair and just ruler.

 When he priest placed he golden sparkling crown on Lissa's head of blonde curls everyone clapped and I saw Lissa sigh in relief. Christian climbed up there with her and held her hand as he priest said in a booming voice "Your Queen, Vasilis-" he was cut off by the bullet that had shot through the priest's neck. Everyone was screeching and hiding as the dhampirs were frantically looking for the source. I didn't even know I was running as I jumped on top of Lissa and shielded her from anymore danger. Every was going out of control, the doors were open again and the hundreds of people were all trying to exit. "Lissa! Lissa! Are you alright?" I screamed while my heard pounded so loud in my ears I couldn't think. I climbed off my best friend as she sat up slowly, hair messed up as she stared at the priests dead body and blood puddle a few feet away from her and said shakily "Y-yes I'm alright." her voice was cold and unfeeling, as if in a trance. But she was soon snapped out of it when we heard Christian yelling "Help! Help!" I whipped my head to where he was, he had tumbled down his dais with whoever tackled him. I scanned the room as Lissa ran for her husband but I couldn't see anyone with a gun just dhampirs swarming the place and frantic Moroi. I followed Lissa to where she was now hugging and uninjured Christian. I saw the man who had tackled Christian and my heart stopped.

 I knew that hair I had run my hands through hundreds of times.

 I knew that strong jaw line.

 It was Adrian sprawled on the ground. I ran to him and saw he blood seeping from a shot to his side. I could hear muffled voices saying my name but was too busy pulling Adrian to me as I shook him screaming his name. "Adrian! Adrian you can't die on me! Were supposed to get married! You said you would propose to me, you still have to do that! Don't leave me." I screamed as I sobbed onto his blooded shirt. Adrian can't die, he isn't dead but as I kept shaking him and he didn't so much as flutter his lashes I lost hope by the second.