"Okay, okay, deal. I won't complain your case being easy, if you don't to mine." I pulled away, but still held my gaze with his, "Now please go back to your assigned case, will you? I'll be at mine, in case you need me." I ruffled his hair, his jet black hair soft between my fingers. I walked back into my office, and as I was to close the doll it was like I could here that smile curve on his lips, "I'll always need you, my dear Swan."

-Killian-

Emma left to her office, and I left to sit down at my desk by the interrogation room. I pondered, thinking my relationship with Emma. We've been together for a few years, I met her when she was just a newbie here in this department.

It was my fourth year at this department three years ago, that's how I met her. She was to start her training on her first day, but she got lost. She wandered off too far, ending up in the break room which was at the very back of the building. I was one of the most experienced member of this place, the others struggled to finish their papers and I was in the break room. I told her where to go, helping her out for the first few days and it just started from there.

We were best friends around the second month, and dating by the next year. I haven't proposed to her, but I hope to at some point. Just, not now. Dealing with the Magic Thief case is getting on my nerves. Someday, any day now... I'll have that bloody thief within my grasp. I won't even bother handing him or her down to the police, I'd handle them myself!  They dare steal from riches, they won't even at least hand it to the poor as Robin Hood! No, they decide to keep it to themselves like birds fighting for a single piece of bread.

"Pathetic," I said to myself, "it's pathetic indeed. Why must I deal with a common thief when my darling Swan goes to handle jobs that I can do when on my own?" I was pulled from my trance, the phone on my desk ringing loudly as the sound travelled down the empty halls.

I held it up to my ear, and spoke through, "Yes?" There was no response at first, but when a response did come through I was more than surprised. "This is General Mills of Boston's Private Police Department. This is a message sent to a randomly selected member of the department. Only the best of the best may be called, to whom what officer am I speaking to?" The voice, loud and direct.The voice of a general indeed, and I smiled to hold in my laughter. I mostly laughed at the name of our company, it was too long. Saying B.P.P.D at times can't be that bad, can it?

"Officer Jones, speaking ma'am. What do I owe the pleasure of the queen herself?" I joked, "I hardly get calls from you, calls in general to me are rare. Now, what in gods name has you needing to call me?" The general's voice hitched, almost hesitating to speak to me. Was it something I said? Was I too intimidating? Well, that'd be a sight to see!

"Officer, Killian Jones you say?" She gulped, "Well then, not the person I expected to be on this list of our best and most highly skilled seeing as you are an idiot, but you must be on this list for some miracle of a reason. Now, this call is to you and only to you. Do you understand, officer?" I chuckled, "Why yes, yes of course! I understand completely, general! Your word is absolute, I wouldn't dare say otherwise!"

But in reality, I really do...

"You understand our circumstances with our worst of the worst, correct?" She said to me, "It appears in the last week, we had finally got solid evidence on our criminal for years now! I need you to be at the crime scene immediately, my guard is standing at the department doors as you speak to pick you up." A criminal, she says? I hope this isn't a hoax otherwise I would've left my comfy, dark, cozy office for nothing. Before hanging up, I asked her, "May I ask what criminal is linked to the evidence ma'am? A rapist? A common robber? The Magic Thief, perhaps? I'm dying to know."