⊰7⊱

🌹

Rose?" Rochelle asks me with slight hesitation the moment Aohdan leaves the female slaves room. Though the room is quite capable of housing as many as six female slaves, there are only three and including myself now makes four. "That's a beautiful name and such a pretty flower."

"I'm sure you'll come to understand that I am not a pretty flower," I had it up to here with Aohdan and the last thing I want is to be taught submission by a girl who knows practically nothing of the outside world. Who knows nothing about freedom.

Rochelle's short curly red hair was resting just above her shoulders, her clear blue eyes staring at me with confusion. In this world, defiance was something rarely seen. After all, wouldn't want to risk loosing your life over conforming to the rest of society and following the code like sheep. She asks me, standing to her feet, "I was just trying to be nice...I'm sorry I offended you."

"You didn't offend me," I sigh, taking my temper out on other beings in the exact same predicament as myself is wrong. If I can work together with them, then there is no sense in cutting off connections I can very well use in the future for my grand escape. It's coming, they all just don't know it yet. "I'm just frustrated."

"It's okay," Rochelle's smile makes me relax. The relaxation lasts for a few seconds and breaks when she pats me gently on my back. "I've seen male and female slaves bought, broken, and rebuilt to the exact specifications that Master wishes. It can be tough at first, most have an amazing spirit that appears impossible to tame, but they succumb to their fate once they realize they'll only escape through death."

Linda is standing on her feet with one of her arms across her body, her hand holding her forearm. Her light brown eyes meet mine briefly, glancing away once I give her my full attention. That just leaves the unknown girl who already rose to her feet and was sitting on one of the six beds.

There is a walkway down the center of the six beds, three on each wall that sit across from each other. Black and malachite marble continues into this room and what I am assuming into every room in this large estate. All of the frames are made of wood, their mattresses appear to be in somewhat good condition. The sheets are white and cotton, the covers just barely shrouding the sheets are of a earthen tone, one pillow at the headboard for each bed. There are are two more doors at the end of the small walkway, both made of the same gray stained color with brass handles. My only guess, that they are the adjoining bathrooms.

The walls are a neutral beige, and I can find no windows in sight. The lighting is provided from the one large extravagant chandelier hanging from the center of the ceiling that matches the color of the walls. The light switch resides near the door which Aohdan and I entered moments before I could understand what he wanted of me.

Rochelle notices me taking in the room and when my eyes linger on the girl who is now laying on her side against the bed, she says, "Don't mind Sidney. She's not rude, but she wasn't brought here all that long ago, maybe six months. Her spirit was recently broken about a week ago and she keeps to herself unless Master calls for her."

How completely and utterly sad.

At the mention of her name, Sidney flinches, almost as if she is going to turn around and say something to Rochelle. She doesn't. Instead, she wraps her arms around her body, bring her legs up to her chest and the first sniffle I heard almost broke my heart.

What a complete jackass Aohdan is. To make someone do anything...in a perfect world he'd be the criminal, but instead, Sidney was for even trying to maintain her individuality.

I really do feel extremely sorry for her. Not just her, every human. Slowly, I was even starting to feel sorry for myself, that I had put myself in a position like this. Rochelle asks me, "Can I show you to the bed where you will be sleeping?"