Chapter 36: ...and back

"Dan?" I ask as I walk into the room. I cover my mouth with my hand. "Oh my god, Daniel." I can't help the smile that spreads across me face.

"Sparkle." Dan whispers. He's standing in front of me with a dozen roses. The tuxedo he's wearing is so sharp I could cut myself with it.

"Dan, what is this?" I laugh.

Dan smiles his famous smile. "I'm trying to show you how much I love you."

I blush deeply. He holds out his hand and I take it. He leads me to the air mattress that's been set up and I sit down. Dan kisses my cheek and puts the roses in my lap. Then he stands in front of me and starts his speech.

"Sparkle, it's impossible to put how much I love you into words." I blush and look down at the flowers in my lap. "I don't like hurting you, at all. And now I realize that that's what I've already done. And I'm so, so, sorry. I've been such a dick to you for the past few days and I feel like shit about it. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay," I whisper. "I forgive you."

"You... forgive me?"

I nod and smile, "Yes."

Dan pulls me into his arms. "I'm so sorry about being a dick, I love you so much." Dan says into my shoulder.

"Stop apologizing." I whisper into his chest. "I forgive you, Daniel."

He picks me up and twirls me around. "I love you so much." he says as he kisses me.

I kiss him back. "I love you too." But then reality hits me in the face. I let go of Dan and walk back towards the mattress. I slowly sink into it, tears threatening to spill over.

"What's wrong?" Dan asks.

I look up at him. The tears finally spill over. "You're gonna be leaving soon. Winterfest is going to end and so are we."

"We don't have to end just because Winterfest does."

"But you have a tour to finish and other places to be."

"So?"

I start to get a little frustrated. "Dan! You're going to leave me! You're going to go and travel the world and within a week you'll forget about me."

"Who said I was leaving you?"

All my frustration disappears. His words linger in the air until I finally speak. "You're staying?"

"No." Dan says flatly.

I explode. "If you're not staying then what was the point of you saying that?! What's the point of playing with my feelings like this? You say you love me, but then you tell me you're not staying! Why do you do thi-"

Dan cuts me off with a kiss. He cups my face with his hands and forces me to look into his eyes. "Yes, I said I wasn't staying here in L.A., but that doesn't mean you have to stay here."

"What...?" I ask.

"Sparkle Allen, I want you to go on tour with me."

***

"Hi, mom." I say.

"Hey sweetie." she says patting my hand.

"Sorry I had to leave so suddenly like that. It was something important."

"I know," she says. "How'd it go?"

"Kyle came and asked me if he could borrow you for today."

"Oh," I nod. "Anyway it went really well. Dan and I are closer than we've ever been."