Chapter 14: to hell...

"Hey Sparkle! Welcome back!" Jolie says hugging me.
"Hey Jolie."
"Where's your mom?"
"Umm, I'm alone today, and every session after."
"Well, come in. Take a seat." Jolie says.
I do and she sits across from me, "So how are your meds going?"
What meds.....? Oh those meds. The ones in my purse somewhere... "They're good."
"Are they working?"
"Sure."
"Great! So, has anything new happened?
"A lot actually."
Jolie's eyes light up, "Really?" she picks up her notebook and pen, "Tell me everything."
So I do. I tell her about Adam and how Sean helped me, Penny's change of character, and mom's secret love affair with dad's twin. At the end of the session I'm bawling with my head in my hands. And it's so weird, but it felt good to cry and get everything off my chest. Even though I didn't know I had all this on my chest, but it was there. And now it's not and I feel like I'm floating on cloud 9.
"I don't know why, but I feel much better." I say between sniffles and ragged breaths. "The feeling is indescribable."
"It's not good to hold in all these feelings. You can actually get sick, sometimes even die from all the stress and depression."
"Really?" I ask suddenly alarmed.
"Yes. I would tell you about it, but it's patient confidentiality.
I nod, "I understand."
"Good. I also wanted to ask you if you enjoyed the anxiety group the other day."
"Oh, it was nice. I liked it a lot."
"Good. Good. There's actually another one coming up. On Monday if you can make it." she hands me a flyer.
"I will definitely try."
Jolie walks me to the front doors of the building, "Take care of yourself, okay. See you Wednesday. Maybe Monday."
"Bye." I say walking down the sidewalk.
I take out my phone and call Sean. "Hey, can you come pick my up? I'm on 6th street."
"Yeah. Sure."
I sit in the bench and count the cars that drive by. Winterfest is in almost 2 weeks. Oh my god 2 weeks without Adam isn't enough. I need at least a year. God he's a dick. Should I press charges like Jolie said? Nahh it's okay. I don't want to ruin his career, but it's not okay....
I sigh and look up at the sky, What am I going to do? Just forget about him? Yeah, yeah just forget about him.
Sean pulls up beside me, "Where do you wanna go?"
I take a deep breath, "My mom's house."
***
I quietly unlock the door praying that she's not home, but she is.
"Sparkle?" she calls from the kitchen.
I don't answer. I quietly sneak upstairs to my room and I lock the door behind me.
I grab a suitcase from my closet and stuff everything I'll ever need into it. Shirts, jeans, shorts, skirts, underwear, night gowns, combs, toothbrush, soap, shoes, and my flat irons and curling irons. It took one suitcase and a carrying bag for almost all my stuff. I'll have to come back later to get the other stuff. But it's okay, it's worth it.
I unlock my door and mom is standing there blocking my way. "Sparkle!" she says hugging me.
I don't hug her back. She releases me and stares into my eyes. "I can't believe what you did." is all I say.
She looks down in shame.
"And out of people you chose dad's twin." I say. My words are filled with disgust. "And you didn't tell me."
"I'm so sorry."
"Yeah." I say pushing past her. I pull my suitcase along and hike my bag up higher on my shoulder.
"Where are you going?" Mom asked.
"No where." I say flatly.
When I get to the front door mom turns me around, "Please don't leave me!" she says.
I shake her hands off my shoulders, "It's too late."
She puts her hands over her mouth in shock. Tears start flowing down her cheeks. "Sparkle please! Please don't leave me! Please!" she screams.
I look away.
"I love you!" she screams.
"I wish I could say the same." and I walk out the door. I can hear her cries from outside the house but I ignore them. I put my bags in the trunk and get in the car.
"What happened in there?" Sean asked.
"Nothing." I say shaking my head.
Sean nods, "Where to now?"
"Umm Bella Apartments please. I'm staying with my friend."
"Sure."
A few minutes later I get a text from Penny. Hey. Do u have somewhere to stay tonite?
I type a question mark.
Oh. Well my bf is coming over tonite and u know...
Ewww. Gross. I type.
Lmao. Whatever.
I'll get a hotel room.
Cool. She texts.
"Forget it Sean. My friend says she has company tonight. Do you know any good hotels?"
"Forget the hotel. You can stay with me."