Chapter 28: the date

A/N:
This chapter has A LOT of "bad words". Sorry about that.

Dan's POV

"Here mate, try this."
Kyle says throwing a button up shirt at me. It's simply white, nothing too flashy. Just the way like it.

I take off my other shirt an put in the button up. I look in the mirror and nod. "I look presentable." I say.

Kyle nods as well, "You do, for once." he jokes.

I laugh shu'up, I'm already nervous."

"It'll be fine," Kyle says, "just one more touch." he says popping my collar. He nods and kisses his fingers. "Perfection."

I look at his questioning. "Really?"

"All girls like a bad boy."

"Not this one," I say putting my collar back down.

Kyle rolls his eyes, "You never know."

Now I roll my eyes. "Whatever."

I look in the mirror one more time before I walk out of my room. I go to the dressing room where Will and Woody are. "How do I look? Presentable?"

"Pop your collar mate." Woody says.

"That's what I said!" Kyle exclaims. "All girls like a bad boy." he says again.

"Isn't be 'yourself' the best advice you can give someone?" I ask.

"Nope. It's the worst." Will says. "Be yourself while being someone else."

"What?" I ask.

"Just be yourself, but with a little more...... excitement." Will says.

"So you think I'm boring?"

"No, mate. That was the wrong word to use."

"Be more outgoing." Woody winks.

I roll my eyes, "How do I look?" I ask again.

Will stands up and goes to his room. He returns a few minutes later with a black tie.

"Put this one," he says, "it's my lucky tie."

I smile and put it on, "Thanks, mate."

He smiles, "You're welcome. With this baby you could hit a home run, if you know what I mean." he winks.

I push him playfully and chuckle, "You're gross. She's not like that."

"But you are." he laughs.

I push him again. "Shu'up!"

He continues to laugh and I ignore him. "I'm leaving now," I say walking down the hallway.

"Don't forget what I said!" Will calls. They all burst out laughing.

I smile and shake my head. Those bastards. I walk out the concert hall to my rental car. I drive to Penny's apartment complex and park my car. I close my eyes.

Everything will be fine. We're just two grown ups going to eat Italian food. That's it. Okay Dan, you can do this. You love this girl. It shouldn't be hard.