Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Raven's POV

I awoke in Lucifer's bed. I had been sleeping with him every night for the past few days, but this was the first time I spent the entire night until morning. Yes. He and I were regularly sleeping together, which I didn't mind at all. It was merely sex to me. I didn't really care about the circumstances of the arrangement.

Until today.

When I woke up, my eyes met his. I was in his arms, cuddled up against his chest. He was just looking at me with a rather sincere smile. I didn't know how to respond to that exactly. He seemed a bit odd this morning.

"Lu, are you alright? You're staring at me like I have two heads," I inquired while yawning.

"I'm perfectly fine, Raven. I am merely admiring your beauty, my dear," he responded in a sweet and soft tone.

I sat up straight, holding the sheet to my chest. I looked down at Lucifer with surprised eyes,"Lucifer, are you attempting to get emotionally involved in all this?"

"What are you talking about, Raven?"

"Are you trying to be romantic towards me? Because that was not part of this agreement. We were only going to sleep together with no strings attached. I thought you could separate your emotions from what is soully physical between us."

"Raven, I was just paying you a compliment and recalling the rather kinky events of last night. Believe me, I have no desire to get attached to you in any way that doesn't involve me being between those legs of yours," he explained as he rose from the bed. He stretched a moment, giving me a view of his well toned body before he put on his robe.

I got myself out of bed and began to grab my clothing from all over the room, putting them on as I did. Lucifer walked back into the room with a drink in his hand as I slipped my high heels back on.

"Raven, where are you going?"

"To my apartment so that I can get dressed for work," I reply as I go to walk past him.

Lucifer blocks my path and looks down at me,"Why not take the day off, Raven? You and I can spend it together. Maybe even go out for brunch after we do the nasty a few more times. You like brunch, don't you? Because I recall you mentioning the other night."

"Lucifer, stop trying to spend quality time with me. This is not a relationship," I pushed past him and headed for the elevator.

"Yes, I'm very well aware. That's why I've been shagging my therapist, Dr. Linda Martin," he added as he swiftly followed me.

"Is that an attempt at making me jealous?," I stopped and looked up at him sternly.

He shifted awkwardly and sipped his drink,"Maybe. Maybe not. I don't exactly like the idea of other boys playing with the same toys as me, my dear."

"I don't really care, Lucifer. I don't get emotionally involved with people. And on another note, I'm not a toy. I'm a woman who possesses the intelligence and skill set required to kill you. No one would be able to even trace it back to me because there'd be no evidence whatsoever. And furthermore, if you keep trying to be emotionally attached to me then I shall proceed in ending this arrangement."

"Can I at least gloat that I'm banging a sexy doctor?"

"Only if it is with no one affiliated with my work. Meaning no telling Chloe or Lord Jackass. And for the record, I'm sleeping with other people as well," I responded before grabbing my purse and entering the elevator.

Lucifer stopped the doors from closing with his hand all while giving me a desperate look,"I'll at least see you again tonight, right?"

"Possibly. As long as I don't have another sexual encounter planned with the obvious exception of a case popping up, then we shall proceed in doing this once again. Although there will be no sleepover nor a single second of cuddling. Good day, Lucifer," I said before the doors finally closed.

Lucifer's POV

She was sleeping with another man. How could she possibly be sleeping with another man? I thought I kept her satisfied. Was I far too gentle? Why did this bother me so much? And why did I have such a need for her?

This woman was like a drug. I couldn't possibly get enough of Raven. She was exquisite and, for lack of a better word, perfect. Why did I feel this way? Did I like her as more than a sexual partner?

No. That could not possibly be it. Maybe she was a witch. Her name did sound like she'd be the type. But alas, she hated any form of religion and I knew she'd never take part in it. She was the most stubborn woman I knew.

It just had to be something more.

It had to be.

(Later that day and it is still Lucifer's POV.)

I had followed the detective to the crime scene, knowing that Raven would definitely be there. And she was indeed present at the scene, kneeling beside the battered body of a young man. She tended to squint when examining just about anything. And hell, I found it intriguing.

Though, I was beginning to notice a change in me. Dr. Linda had definitely made an excellent point. That there were clear signs of humanity. And the reasons I was doing the things I had was for her. For Raven. I just knew I was crazy about this woman. It made me hope that she'd see me as more than just someone to snog. I wanted her to see me as a suitable male specimen.

And if she saw me as superior, then I'd be her only sexual partner. With the exception of an occasional three way, but she'd be mine the most.

Before I could even tap Raven on the shoulder, a man walked over to her. A fairly attractive man, who wore the same uniform as my darling Raven. And yet before I could speak, the two began discussing the case. She hadn't even noticed me.

"Raven," I interrupted smoothly. Well, I think it was smooth.

Raven turned to look at me,"Mr. Morningstar, please refer to me with the terms we have previously discussed."

"Oh, yes. Of course, doctor."

"Excellent," she glanced to the man,"Dr. Walsh, this is Lucifer Morningstar. The other person I told you about previously."

Walsh looked down at the shorter female then at me before returning his gaze to her,"Are you really sleeping with him? I assumed you'd pick someone of greater intellect, Poe."

Walsh then extended a hand to me,"Doctor Jackson Walsh. I am the forensic science expert with the LAPD."

I looked down at the hand in sheer disgust, not wanting to even look at the man. He made my flesh crawl. And coming from me of all people, that is saying something. I didn't like how he looked at Raven. He looked at her with a carnal hunger. And not in the sexy way, yet also in that way at the same time as another. I just couldn't place the look in his eyes with a proper term.

"Yes, Mr. Morningstar, Walsh is the other man I told you about," Raven added, having noticed my suspicions.

I looked down at her and chuckled while grinning,"You're sleeping with this pathetic thing? My dear Raven, you could do so much better. Like me. 24/7."