Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Raven's POV

Chloe had walked inside the school, leaving me with Lucifer. We had both stepped out, I was leaning against the car with my arms crossed. Lucifer stood next to me, checking his phone and returning some text messages. I look over at him, noticing he was still clearly upset over the loss of his friend.

"Lucifer, I have something I wanted to give you."

He looked down at me and smirked,"Oh, really? Would it happen to be a kiss?"

"No. I will continue to maintain a professional relationship with you while working on a case," I flatly reply.

"So we can do the nasty whenever you're off work? Excellent news, dear Dr. Poe," his smirk spread further. He clearly liked the idea of being sexually involved with me.

"I suppose," I shrug. I then reach into my pocket and pull out a picture. I unfold it to reveal it was a photo of Lucifer and Delilah. He then stares at it in awe,"She kept it in her wallet. She would have wanted you to take it. Clearly, you meant a lot to her."

Lucifer nodded, taking the photo. He looked at it for a moment before putting it in his breast pocket,"Thank you, doctor. It is much appreciated."

"You're welcome," I nodded.

After a moment of awkward silence, I opened the case file again. I began looking through Delilah's past encounters and known colleagues she could have collaborated with professionally.

It felt like I was only looking at the case for a moment, until I looked up to show Lucifer something I found. I then noticed he was gone. I looked around before speed walking inside the school. I walked around several children to get into the doors.

Immediately, I noticed Lucifer talking to Trixie. He gave me a glance as I walked over to them.

"Trix, sweetie, what happened?," I knelt down in front of the eight year old.

"That mean girl over made a fake Snapchat account and used it to make fun of me. So I kicked her in the no-no touch-touch square, like you taught me to do if someone tried to take me," She replied before pointing to the girl.

"Yes. I already told her it was a job well done. And on that little note, you taught her that? Why on earth would you do that?," Lucifer interjected.

"Over 90% of kidnappings are those of children. I taught her a few moves I learned in my mixed martial arts class. How else do you think I keep everything so toned?," I say as I sit on the other side of Trixie. I smiled down at my god daughter with affection. I didn't like many children, but I simply adored Trixie. She wanted to go into a field of science like her Auntie Ray. Needless to say, I was beyond proud of her.

And Lucifer could tell. He then stood up as he buttoned his jacket,"Well then, I suppose that simply isn't enough punishment for that little miscreant."

I watched as Lucifer waltzed over to the young girl who bullied Trixie. Not a minute later, the girl screamed and cause Chloe to rush out of the office. She scolded the man who called himself Satan. He just smiled back at me with pride.

I merely rolled my eyes as I stood,"You made a child scream. Am I supposed to be impressed? Because with that stupid smirk you're coming off very rapey."

Chloe stifled a laugh as Lucifer's smile fell. He was clearly shocked by my sudden joke, considering how I hadn't made a single one since I met him. His smile soon returned as quickly as it had faded.

"You are quite the puzzling one, doc. Must say, every time you open that pretty little mouth, I get the urge to just go nuts on you."

"That is highly inappropriate considering how we are in an elementary school, Mr. Morningstar. I suggest you cease speaking altogether as long as we remain on the property."

"Wow, Raven. Still so serious?," I turned to meet the eyes of the Jackass.

I narrowed my eyes and crossed my arms,"Still a Neanderthal, Dan? Because they're all extinct for a reason. It's just about time when your idiotic behavior leads to your rather inevitable demise."

"Ooo," Lucifer mused as he walk beside me with Chloe close behind,"That was positively cold blooded, dear."

"Who's this? Your creepy boyfriend that wanted to tag along?," Dan retorted after greeting Trixie lovingly.

"Not my boyfriend. You should know better than anyone that I never get emotionally involved with other humans. They are all inferior when it comes to comparisons of intellect with me. If I were to become emotionally invested with someone then they would have to be as intelligent as I am."

"Yeah. Yeah. Whatever, Cadaver girl," he said as we walked outside.

"Look, I don't need this crap. I'm going to wait in the car and do more research on the person who is waiting to have her voice heard. Delilah. She is all I care about right now," I hiss at Dan before turning my heel and getting into the car.

Lucifer's POV

I watched as Detective Douche headed off with his spawn. He was rather rude to the godmother of his child. I assumed that he would've liked the doctor. I knew I did.

"What did she mean?," I turned to Chloe with curiosity in my eyes.

"What did who mean and about what?," Decker asked in confusion.

"Dr. Poe. What did she mean when she said that Delilah's voice had to be heard?"

The detective sighed before locking eyes with me again,"Ray is passionate about her work. She cares about the people she examines. Bones and all that. She believes that even though those people are gone, that they still want to be heard. Ray just wants to find the truth and put these people to rest."

"And why is that? Why does she have the need to do that?"

"So she didn't tell you back when you met at that gala thing?"

"What was she supposed to tell me exactly, dear detective?"

"Raven's parents disappeared without a trace when we were starting high school together. She went home one day and they were gone. The house was wrecked and....and there was blood. No one ever found the bodies, but the blood was her mother's for sure. Ray hasn't been the same since then. I guess she just wants to give people the answers that she never got," Chloe looked down and walked over to the car.

This obviously was a tough subject for her as well. I suppose the two were very close indeed. Inseparable it would seem.

I sighed and followed close behind, hiding my shock. I honestly felt somewhat bad for the poor woman. It explained quite a lot of what made her so cold.

I got into the car to see the two women talking away about the case.

"Okay, Ray, so I'll drop you off at the station and I'll go to the psychologist office with Lucifer. Considering the fact that you'd probably affend the woman."

"That is very true. I would not play nice," she turned to look at me,"We all know I don't believe in psychology. I'd have to prove to her that her choice of occupation is absolutely pointless."

"Well aren't you the little cynic," I cooed and looked at a certain angle to get a good view of her lovely chest.

"Stop looking at my boobs, Lucifer. Or I'll kick you in the no-no touch-touch square."