Epilogue

Hi everyone! You have all been so sweet and supportive with the book that I decided to write you all a little epilogue! Enjoy!

3rd person POV

***

It had been three weeks since Lizzie had an official new family. The grief of her mother passing had not left her but she had found peace. She found peace in her day to day life. Being surrounded by her family and being loved more than she could have imagined.

It was Kaden that made the difference. His dedication to coming up with new ways to cheer her up and his increasing love for her. Everyone knew he loved her. The way he looked at her from across the room when she wasn't looking. The way she ran her hands through her hair in frustration or boasted about her gaming skills; he kept falling even harder for her.

**

It was a night like any other, everyone had met up at Elizabeth's house for a BBQ. George was happily stationed at the grill. Carter and Jace were laughing at each other in the living room, still denying their feelings for each other. Lizzie was in the kitchen. Flour on her dress, she worked diligently over the cake she was making. She was counting the cups of sugar when she felt arms wrap around her waste and warmth floating her senses.

"You're distracting me." Lizzie grumbled.

"Good." KJ smiled against her kissing her neck.

"Kaden....!" She groaned in annoyance. "Go away." She laughed as he continued to kiss her neck.

"Kaden. Seriously there are people here!" Lizzie whispers frantically to him. He laughed and turned her around to face him. He kept his hands on her hips keeping her body pressed against his.

"They're outside." He smirked.
Lizzie rolled her eyes and went up on her toes and reached up giving him a short kiss. But when she went to pull away, his hands found themselves wrapped in her hair. He kept her close lengthening the kiss. Lizzie melted at his touch. She knew that the food in the oven was most likely ruined and the cake was destroyed since she had no idea how many cups of sugar she had added already. Her mind was much too focused on KJ, and how he held her tightly as if she'd fall away if he let go.

Despite the slight urgency in his kiss, it was filled with tenderness. She could feel how thoughtful he was being as if trying to tell her something. But their moment was cut short as someone cleared their throat. Lizzie opened her eyes back and reeled away from Kaden, of whom grumbled to himself before releasing her.

"I was going to ask if the lasagna was done yet...but I'm guessing you haven't checked yet." Tate said uncomfortably. Lizzie covered her face and shook her head frantically. She pushed KJ away and told him to go help George before quickly taking out the slightly over cooked lasagna.

"Sorry..." Lizzie let out, looking to Tate. He just stood their with an unreadable expression.

"It's okay. He's good for you." He nodded in acceptance before walking back outside. Carter was soon to appear in the kitchen with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"What did you do." Carter asked wiggling her eyebrows at her sister who blushed boldly before shaking her head.

"KJ just walked out side looking flushed and angry and Tate walked out looking amused. But when Tate looked at KJ and I swear KJ wanted to run away." Carter said.

"Tate kinda walked in on a moment." Lizzie explained laughing.

"Oh god. You two better be less public. We all like KJ but you know George will get protective if you too keep up the PDA." Carter laughed half jokingly.

Lizzie rolled her eyes. "I know. I know."

She heard the door open and Connor stroll in. Kyle, Luke, Brendan, and willow in tow.

"Guys! You made it." Lizzie shouted running over to them and attacking them with hugs.

"You really think these idiots would miss out on free food." Willow laughed.

"Hey we came for Lizzie too..." Connor defends.

"I know Con, don't worry." Lizzie smiled at the defensive tone he held and gave him a hug. Soon KJ, Tate, and Jace walked in greeting the rest of the boys. Willow soon took to patio talking to Brendon and Tate. Connor and Kyle happily lounged outside throwing around a football and Luke was enthralled into some conversation with KJ and George at the grill. Lizzie smiled to herself walking outside after finishing making the cake. She walked over easily to the grass and passed around the football with Connor and Kyle before KJ came up behind her again wrapping her up in his arms.

"Hey beautiful." He smiled grandly.

"Hey handsome." She whispered back with a smug smile craning her neck and kissing him quickly.

No one seemed to miss the loving exchange and the whole backyard erupted into complained of, "uhhh" "gross!"

The night went off without a hitch. Everyone happily eating and joking and Lizzie was finally content as she sat next to KJ, with everyone around the table outside. She felt at home.