Letting Go | pt 1

The music found its way to every corner of the house. I had seen all of the boys by now; hours had passed since we had arrived. KJ had been following me, all night telling me to be careful or slowdown or blah blah blah.

But for the first time in a long time I wasn't focusing on all the negative, I was focused on my friends, the music and the adrenaline pumping through my veins.

"Liz!" Willow shouts my names walking over to me.

"Willow!" I yell back as she swings her arms around me. We laughed and takes incoherently for awhile. Not being able to control the laughter bubbling out of us from the alcohol.
Soon Connor came back over, drinks in hand.

"Made your favorites!" He yelled over the music handing us new drinks. We quickly and happily drank them while relaxing and chatting. It wasn't long before Connor disappeared back into the crowd.

"Hey." Hot breathe tickles my neck, I turn to see KJ hovering over me.

"Hey." I smile back turning around completely.

"Maybe we should go outside." He says tucking my hand lightly and I'm soon pulled away from the loud music. The blaring sounds soon were replaced with the soft hum of the night. Cars passing, another calm night.

"How much have you had?" KJ asks gently.

"Hmm?" I mumble back my head slightly spinning.

"How much have you had hmmm?" I laugh at him.

KJ rolls his eyes and looks down at me, "I'm fine."

"Oh really." I say moving closer to him.

"More than fine." He smiles.

"Oh? Why's that?" I smirk. I could feel myself being more daring, no doubt from the help of the multiple drinks I had had already. But for some reason everything seemed just right now.

"Can't really complain when you're with me." KJ smirks, he arm wraps around my waist and he pulls me into him. I let out a gasp from the surprise before biting my lip and looking up at him in anticipation.

"Guess I could say the same." I smirk.

"Oh is that right?" KJ smiles before leaning in. My heart picks up and I reach up, my hands running through his hair, I pull him towards me and our lips crash into each other. Everything erupts. All at once it's as if the whole world went still and the music from the house was gone. Just us, just our bodies pressed up against each other.

Our moment was interrupted by the screen door slamming.

"Oh shit, sorry!" We hear someone scream and run back into the house. I throw my hands over my face laughing in embarrassment.

"Hey..." KJ says gently, "don't do that."

I look to him in confusion as he takes my hands and moves them from my face.

"Don't ever hide yourself. Not for anyone."