The Letters

Angel's POV
~~~~~
We finished reading the letters of Abason's father. They were filled with love and daily notes of what the king did during the time, but two letters stuck out the most that kept us in silence and shock removing our enduring smiles.

The first one got us in our thinking caps. It had wet stains that faded the light tan color paper with faded white light brown circles. They seemed to be the size of small raindrops which most likely have been tears. The handwriting wasn't as neat as it was on the other letters. The words seemed to be rushed and shaky.

It said:

Dear Son,

The war is getting worse as we know it. It seems as if every day we are losing more and more hope of winning. I'm writing this quickly because I'm doing this in secret. There has been rumor around the castle. Someone against us is with us. Someone here is lurking in the shadows. I know you are still a babe as I write this, but if you ever find this, keep safe my child. A traitor lurks among us.

It seems as if Greanger knew our every plan and move. The Advisors and I have spoken, but we have come to no conclusion as to who it might be..

My son, if I die..I want you to take Alleyal and take care of the people for me. Fight alongside Fatenturia no matter what. Win with them. Lose with them. Fight with them. Die with them. Do everything you can with them, but never join Greanger. Whatever it takes, do not go with them.

Fight for good my son. Do what is right.

I love you.

Your Father,

Compade Trustling

After reading the first letter, Abason stayed silent and his palms shook as he held the letter in his hands.

"Don't ever join Greanger." He said under his breath.

I placed my hand on his to calm down his shaking. "You didn't know." I whispered back as if telling him it wasn't his fault.

There was only one last letter underneath it. The letter that would entirely shake his world and mine.

It read:

Dear Son,

They have infiltrated us! I have you in my arms as of now, and I am writing this for your good. Your mother has died. They..they killed her. They have also killed the rest of the Advisors. We have no escape. I have tried to hide you my son. You are with me now, but they have turned against us! They are coming to my study room as I write. I can hear their footsteps getting louder and louder. I don't know if they will kill you my son, but if they don't.. Remember this. Greanger has shown no mercy. They wish to kill all or take all under their power. They have killed your mother, my son. Now they are coming to kill me. I love you to my very last breath and to my death. Do good my son. Their almost here. I have need to hide this.

I love you, my son.

The Advisors are coming.

Yours Truly, Your Father,

Compade Trustling
~~~~~
Abason's POV
~~~~~
I was feeling so many emotions that I couldn't tell which was which. I was flustered with what I had just read from my dead father. I trusted the Advisors for so long. I obeyed them, I followed them, and I was taught by them. They all became my father when my father couldn't and now..it's as if I don't know who to trust anymore. I'm muddled in so many feelings that my whole body froze and my mind drifted to a shocking stop. I didn't know what to think.