Chapter 6: Something Else

Start from the beginning

"Kara darling, do me a favor and hold him tight. I'm going to start my questions." True to my words she came up and held Max tightly so he couldn't escape. He looked both at us deadly in eyes and flipped a middle finger.

"So, why did you tell Alex to two-time?" I asked him and saw as he visibly gulped. It was rare to see my brother afraid of me. Now, something's really fishy.

"Wait! Alex's two-timing?" Kara yelled out and I shushed her. I didn't exactly trust the school grounds for any secrets.

"Yup. I made her blurted out and you know what I found out? Max dared her. She's even two-timing with rivals." I replied to Kara and now she was also glaring at Max.

"Look, I thought that was a harmless dare. I didn't know she was up for it! But when I saw..." He trailed off and I remembered what Alex told me.

"You didn't want to keep the dare anymore but as Alex is stubborn, she refused. Right, brother?" I questioned and he nodded. Kara looked thoughtful then grinned.

"But don't worry. One of them has already told her I love you and she dumped him. I think...that was Lucas." Kara replied and we both relaxed. At least now only one will be in the picture.

"So you're forgiven, brother. But never mess up like that or..." I warned him and he offered me a grin. As soon as he sat properly the lunch bell rang. I could see Myra and Alex coming towards us so I jumped from my seat to greet them all.

"Ah...there you are. The plan went as we discussed right?" Alex asked me and I grinned in answer. But before they can sit I pulled them to hug and with a quick goodbye, I started running towards the backside of the school with my lunch.

"What are you doing!?″ Myra asked as I almost tripped.

"Chris! I can't forget my nerd, now, can I?" I replied as the bell rang again.

♡♡♡

When I reached the back side of the school, the abandoned room was truly abandoned. Did Chris miss his school today? But he said he'll meet me Monday. Without thinking twice I ran up to my usual chair and started to eat. Per my thought not after five minutes later Chris with a gloom expression walked in and slumped into his chair. What the hell has happened to him?

"Hey."

He murmured something gibberish in reply. 

Huh? That's odd. 

"Did you had a bad day or something?" 

His eyes were unfocused like he wasn't even here. He was staring at the wall not even doing homework like he usually does at this time. That's when I realized something might've been wrong with him. 

"Are you alright?" I asked him carefully. For a second he was silent but then said.

"Not really." I was going to bombard him with questions but before I can say anything he tackled me to the floor hovering over me and pinned my hands to the floor ready to attack.

"Who the hell are...Paxton?" He asked confused, his eyes were focused for the first time after he slumped in the chair. My breath was caught in the position I was in. He, hovering over me. His eyes were bloodshot and he looked like he didn't sleep in two days. If anyone came down here I'm so dead. As if realizing what kind of embarrassing position we were in, he jumped back from me and offered his hand. I took his hand and brushed off imaginary dust. Let me tell you...it was awkward and somewhat...weirdly peaceful.

"So...ah...What are you doing here?" This time Chris was the first one to talk. I was relieved to cut the tension out.

"I usually sit here? Oh come on Chris, I'm here for lunch." I whined to which he rolled his eyes.

"Uhh." He glanced at me and then the door like he couldn't believe me.

"OK, cut the crap. You look like hell." I stated and he sharply looked at me. Then his face quickly changed to something normal and he started getting books out of his bag to start doing homework. But I already got the reaction I was looking for.

For some reason he was scared.

But what could it be for? 

"I thought you skipped school today too. So I wasn't expecting you." Chris murmured to which I smirked. He was deliberately changing the subject, avoiding eye contact by furiously solving calculus but I wasn't going to push him, not yet. I needed to know his story. But not like this. Now time for just some fun.

"So you do expect me here, ha?" I grinned and his cheeks immediately got red. He adjusted his glasses twice before giving me a shake of the head. Oh, Chris...you're too naive for your own good.

"No! That's not it. I was just-" But I cut off his rambling. I offered him my lunch which was homemade pizza by me and he took bites from it. Seems like my hard work has paid off. He took more pieces and started to eat while continue doing his homework.

"Why did you go all ninja on me?" I asked him while sipping my soda, trying to see his eyes.

"I thought you were someone else." Was his simple yet questionable reply.

"So there are random people peek through here and you go all ninja on them?" I asked him and he shrugged. Maybe he doesn't want to answer. Yeah...right.

"I have a routine for your tutoring. I'll email you. If you have a problem then let me know, OK?" I nodded at his words. 

He might not know but I'm already ready to take this game a step ahead. 

Soon...

"And now why did you miss Chemistry, History, and homeroom?" He asked and I cooed. He again rolled his eyes. Oh boy...if he keeps rolling it he'll have 4 eyes instead of two. Oh, wait! He already did!

"What?" Chris asked me amused and to my horror, I noticed the last part was supposed to only be on my mind not talking out loud!

"Eh...nothing?" I sheepishly answered to which he chuckled.

"You're something else, Paxton." He replied and I can't help but a smile broke out on my face. Everything is going like I wanted to. 

And it's no time that I'll win this bet.

Unknown POV

# PaxtonBitch

# PaxtonBitch

Paxton Rivera today has solved her biggest problem while talking with the principal but really is this the end of everything? The rumors can't be stopped even if she wants. And dear readers, you'll be happy to know that there's still has many secrets to come! And her victim Chris Wallace was spotted with her in school and after school going to her house. Paxton even stopped eating in the cafeteria. Is she really going to win the game? Right back at you with more info.

Until then-

XoXo.