He unfastened her seatbelt and as Sam got out of the car, they carried her off the side of the road. Savannah's motorcycle shut off behind them, and Savannah pushed her sunglasses onto her head as she ran over. The doors from the other car flew open, and as John put a finger to Kate's neck to check for a pulse, he heard Marina's scream. 

Shortly after that, he closed his eyes. First it was Henri. 

Now Kate had met the same fate.

***

Fifteen-year-old Marina Nightshade of NCIS was confirmed to be working with Smith. Nightshade is the youngest ever to be accepted into a federal agency, though Director Thomas Morrow has never suspected her of criminal activity. "She's a good person," he states. "She wouldn't do something like this, not willingly. 

The same cannot be said for the team she is a part of. 

Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs, the team leader, has been suspected before of shooting Mexican drug lord Pedro Hernandez. Senior field agent Anthony DiNozzo has had dealings with police departments before, but NCIS is where he's stayed while saying he never wants to go to a police department again. Special Agent Caitlin Todd is an ex-Secret Service agent, having resigned after breaking the rules. Agent Timothy McGee has recently joined, with so far no bad credits to his name. 

An unknown girl was also seen, having dark hair with orange streaks. Mark James says that he's seen her before, but he can't remember where. As he remembers seeing Nightshade with her, it's possible the two are acquainted. After facial scans, it is guessed that this girl is Savannah Starlight, once part of an agency to enhance reflexes. As she was with Nightshade and Smith that night, it is thought she is part of this terrorist activity as well.

***

The minute she saw John close his eyes and look away, Marina's thoughts were confirmed. 

She dropped down by Kate, sobbing hard, her face in her hands. One of John's arms wrapped around her, one of Gibbs's hands resting on her shoulder. Sam was kneeling on the ground opposite of her, looking surprised and scared. 

"We've only been on the road for a few hours," Tony whispered, closing his eyes. "And now Kate is gone." 

Marina sniffed, and she saw Savannah meet her eyes. Never had Marina seen her friend cry before. Savannah wasn't holding them back now. "We've got to get a move on," she whispered. "There's not much we can do here now." 

Marina shook her head. "There is. But we just need to be careful."

***

Mark and Sarah sat across from each other at the picnic tables the next day, for once not silent out of tension. It was out of remembrance for their friends. 

Mark finally spoke. "It's quiet, not having them here." 

Sarah nodded. "It's hard to believe they aren't." 

Mark's phone vibrated in his pocket, and he looked at it in surprise. "Unknown number," he muttered, answering it. "Hello?" 

"Mark." 

Mark nearly dropped his phone in surprise. "John?" he asked in a hiss, and Sarah's eyes widened. "What is it, I thought you were losing the phone?" 

"We're not using his," Marina's voice came in, thick. "It's Savannah's." 

"Why're you calling? It's not safe." 

"Mark, we need a favor. Trace the call, tell your dad we gave you a warning."