Chapter 23- Zero Hour

Start from the beginning

"Damn! I'm getting old," Jura said, as he fell to his knees.

Sora, Gray and Lucy popped up next to him and they all gasped as well. Jura turned his head and smiled at them, ""I was coming up.... to join you, when.... I noticed the trap," Jura said weakly, "Maybe... if I was faster, I'd be able to.... to save myself as well. But..." He then looked back, smiling at them.

"Jura!" Gray yelled.

Lucas and Happy were in shock as well.

"He protected us...," Lucy said with tears flooding her eyes.

"But you're alright, that's... the important thing." He then collapsed to the ground, defeated.

"Jura!" Sora cried.

-----------------------------------

With Wendy and Carla...

"I'm sorry Wendy, but I'm getting tired, I don't think I can carry you much longer," Carla said.

"That's okay," Wendy said, as she let Carla set her down, "I can maybe track Jellal by scent, but his smell is somewhat different. Not by too much, but its still there."

"Are you sure he can stop Nirvana?" Carla asked.

"Its worth a shot, and I'm willing to try just about anything," Wendy answered. 'I just hope he's going to be safe.'

-------------------------------------

With Erza and Jellal...

The standoff between Erza and Jellal, against Midnight seemed as if it was lasting forever.

"I'm a patient individual," Midnight said, "I'm willing to wait. But the question is, are you willing to wait?" Erza knew they probably couldn't wait. Nirvana was moving, and every second they waited, it was getting closer to a populated area. The red head knew that waiting was dangerous, and something they couldn't afford to do. With that in mind, Erza struck.

"Erza!" Jellal called. Erza slashed at Midnight, only for the attack to twist away from him.

"So we're going to straight to business?" Midnight asked, "Very well, this seems like it would be more fun anyway." Erza slashed at him again, only for the attack to be deflected again. Midnight then flicked his wrist, sending Erza careening away.

"I won't let you fight alone!" Jellal declared, as he sprung at Midnight. However, Midnight just sneered, as he held up his hand. Jellal was blasted away by the magic, creating several magic gashes in his body, and blasting him back.

"What?" Jellal muttered.

"Not only are your memories gone, you're skill is apparently gone as well," Midnight noted, "I guess that's to be expected. But it wouldn't matter, I'd be able to take you no matter what." Erza then jumped up at Midnight again, but he merely glanced at her briefly.

Erza's armor suddenly began to twist and contort coming around her body as if it were some kind of massive snake. She let out a pained grunt as she felt the armor starting to twist her body.

"What is this?" she grunted.

"He's using her armor as a weapon!" Jellal noted. Erza managed to break free by requipping into her Flame Empress armor.

"So that's what you can do?" Erza inquired, "I've heard about Reflector Magic, but I can't say I've ever really seen it in use before."

"How observant of you," Midnight said, "Indeed, I use Reflector. It allows me to distort anything in my range."