Chapter 9- A Premonition to War

Disclaimer: Hey guys! It's me. At long last. I have finally made it to the Phantom Lord arc. I believe this is going to be one of the best chapter I ever wrote...so far. Let me know of your input on this. Enjoy!

----------------------------------

Magnolia Town...

After sailing back home on the boat Erza "borrowed" (Death Trap to Natsu and Sora), the team walked outside Magnolia's entrance before they began their journey back to the guild. The group was led by Erza followed by an animated team of Sora, Natsu, Gray, and Lucy who were sharing their accomplishments during the mission.

"We're back!" Natsu yelled aloud.

"Back!" Happy repeated.

"But man all that work and a crappy key is all we get." Gray tiredly sighed.

"And it was a full-blown S-Class quest, too." Lucas added.

"One that was really worth a challenge too," Sora stated

"It wasn't a proper job. This much is just about right." Erza interjected.

Sora nudged Lucy, "I see you got another golden key, Luce. I bet you're fine with it."

"Yup, yup! No complaints!" Lucy grinned.

"You're the only one it's of any us to, Lucy! Let's sell it!"

"You thieving cat!" Lucy yelled in shock. "Besides, there are only twelve of the golden Zodiac keys in the whole world! They're super rare, you see?"

"That cow and the maid?" Natsu teasingly grinned.

"As I progress, my spirits will get way stronger!" Lucy defensively argued.

"Well, for what it's worth, we rocked our first S-Class!" Sora exclaimed happily.

Natsu grinned, "I know right! Gramps' is going to be so proud!"

The two exuberant teens gave each other fist bumps before a heavy pressure fell on the both of them. Sora and Natsu slowly craned their heads towards the source while Natsu's face paled considerably and Sora looked content. Behind them stood, Erza Scarlet in all her angered glory. The redhead was currently glowering upon Natsu for his idiocy and Sora for his encouragement. "Easygoing, are we? I hope you remember that when we get back to the guild, you're all getting punished." she said as she glared at the offenders. "And Sora, I trust you didn't forget our bet."

"Not really" Sora shrugged.

"Punishment?" Natsu nervously asked.

"I thought we'd dropped that already!" Lucy fearfully cried.

"Don't be stupid." Erza said. "Accepting your actions was a field decision on my part. You still must receive your punishment."

As the other lowered their heads in despair, an idea formed in Sora's mind, "Actually now that I think about...I'm not really into the punishment mood."

Erza sent him a challenging stare. "What was that?"

Sora turned to face her and grinned. "I said I don't feel like taking any punishments today, Red."

The others watched the scene in horror. Did Sora have a death wish!? They knew he and Erza were good friends, but this was still Erza.

"Sora, that wasn't part of the deal-"

He cut her off. "I know what the deal was. I said if I lost the bet, which I did, then I would face the consequences. But...I never said when. Besides, think about this, if Gramps decided to kick us out of the guild, who else is going to buy you all the cake you could eat, having sparring matches with you, or...give you new ideas for new armor?"