1

"And now I concede on the night
Of this fifteenth song
Of melancholy, of melancholy
And now I will admit in this fourth line
That I love you, that I love you"

A soft bright voice rang soothingly.

"I don't care what they say
I don't care what they do"

This time round, a stronger voice sounded.

"Cause tonight I leave my fears behind
Cause tonight I'll be right at your side
Lie down right next to me
And I will never let go, will never let go"

The two voices joined together, this time round, everyone in the diner listened attentively. Their voices matched well, blends nicely and emotions were poured fully into the lyrics. It was an acoustic live performance; two of them were sitting at a high chair on the stage, strumming their guitars.

Soon, the song ended with the audience/diners applauding loudly. They gave a bow and the shorter lady took her leave.

"I saw Lauren and the rest, I will go down first." She whispered to the taller girl who only gave a nod as reply.

She remained seated on the stage as she tuned her guitar strings, strumming it occasionally to see if she gets the right notes.

"Lauren! You are here!" She flashed a big smile and hugged the American/Latina girl, who hugged her back just as affectionately as she does.

"Hi DJ!" The group behind Lauren greeted and waved.

"Over here!" She jumped on the spot a little and grabbed Lauren, pulling her into the restaurant and guided them to a table.

As they went in, Lauren took a glance up the stage. A smile crept on her face as she saw that familiar lady up there.

"Get your order okay? And DJ, please don't order too much!" Normani made a face at her only to receive a tongue sticking out back.

A light guitar melody traveled to their ear and all of them turned their attention up on stage, only to see a bored face lady strumming her guitar randomly.

"Sorry, I'm late." A short girl appeared on the stage, placing her violin case down on the stage floor and she gave a friendly slap to the guitarist hand, which soon clasped together and ended with a firm tug.

"It's alright, Ally." She replied and turned her head down the stage, directly at where Normani was let out a slight smile, which turned out as a smirk.

Lauren watched as Normani went up to the stage and the trio started discussing softly, her eyes never once left the guitarist.