forty two • (all in all you're just another brick in) the wall

Start from the beginning

"Oh, bullshit." Jet sat next to him with a soft 'oof.' "What's really up? Tell me the truth."

"I...I just don't know. I'm just sinking in deeper and deeper and it's like nobody cares enough to pull me back out," Kobra let out, his voice starting to crack towards the end. He was biting so hard on his tongue, hugging his knees so close to his chest, trying with the best intentions not to let his wall crack even more. The wall that for years, people had just been adding bricks to and building it up and up until it felt like he could just pack everything behind it. Everything was just another brick in the wall, and now it was cracking. 

Jet wrapped a single arm around Kobra, sighing softly. "You need to ask for help. Nobody can do anything if you don't ask."

The blond hiccuped quietly, followed by him squeezing his eyes shut. "N...no" was all he could stutter out. The crack was made, and it was growing in size to cover the entire wall. All the fear was sinking into his heart, and the anxiety was wrapping around it like a tourniquet. He let out a small coughing spasm, shaking his head as he tried to contain himself. "Wh-where's Gerard?"

The elder Killjoy paused, looking around the rooftop and pausing as he glanced over the edge. "If you stay here, I can go ask downstairs, okay?" Jet offered, untangling himself from the blond, who just nodded.

With Jet gone, Kobra let out a small choked gasp, the sound coming from the back of his throat like a small cry. By now, the wall was falling down, bricks tumbling off the edge as he tried to find something to cling to. Anything, really, would have worked, but all he could do was grapple, hope, and pray that nothing was going to happen, that maybe he could salvage the broken pieces of his salvation. 

It didn't work.

The frizzy-haired Killjoy returned, wrapping both of his arms around Kobra this time. "Did you find Gee?" 

"No, they're not here right now," Jet said softly, biting on his lip to avoid saying anything about where the blond's sibling was. "But I'm not going anywhere."

Kobra buried his face into Jet's chest after some time, letting his wall collapse in on itself. Everything came out then, all the pent-up emotions from the time when he'd killed Brendon to now; from his time as a drunk and an addict to when he'd tried to go straight. Everything. But Jet seemed to understand, he seemed to understand entirely. He just held Kobra there, tightly as he continued to bite into his lip and wonder how it would have been if Party was actually there. 

By the time the blond had calmed down, and just had his eyes shut on Jet's chest (otherwise, he was curled into the elder's lap), it was into the night. The only light they had was from inside, and what streamed out. "Maybe you should get some sleep," the elder suggested softly, looking down at Kobra.

"M'kay," he mumbled, nodding once and letting Jet pick him up once he didn't move. The frizzy-haired Killjoy was careful as he took the blond down into the building, taking him to where he slept and waiting for him to doze off before shutting the door behind him and wandering out to the main part of the diner. 

It was dark inside by now, but Jet sat himself in one of the booths to wait. Though it was cool, and he really was tired, he managed to stay awake to wait, because if Kobra had his wall, Jet had a dam that he hid his anger behind, and there was a leak. When the Trans Am rolled up, it was probably close to midnight, and Jet had stood up to stand in the doorway.

Now, when someone stands with their arms crossed in front of a door, one normally shits a brick and assumes the worst. It was Ghoul that thought he was in trouble actually, but upon Jet shaking his head and saying something about wanting to talk to Party alone, the smaller Killjoy went on to go check on Grace and go to bed. 

"Where've you been?" Jet asked as he approached the redhead, who had no signs of even going for a supply run on them. 

Party looked at him, confused for a long moment before shaking their head. "Doesn't matter."

"No, this time it does. If you weren't even going to get supplies, what were you doing?"

"I don't recall you being my mother," Party growled softly, assuming a defensive stance without even thinking about it.

"I shouldn't have to be. But you know what bugs me?"

Party's face went completely slack. "What happened?"

There was a long pause, silence between the two as Jet shook his head. "It was Mikey..." he started softly, but upon seeing Party's facial expression, he quickly added on, "he's fine now, though. Just, when he specifically asks for you because he's having a nervous breakdown that lasts for a long time, if I were you, I'd have been there instead of gallivanting the Zones and having sex." 

Jet didn't say another word, and instead turned and left Party on their own outside as he went to clean up before bed. Party, though, just stood there for almost five minutes in a complete daze. They (though that wasn't lasting very long, she discovered) found her feet again, and moved along to her brother's room. She opened the door, poking her head inside before entering and shutting the door behind her.

She sat next to Kobra's head, staying relatively quiet. "I'm sorry," she murmured softly, "I should've been here...I should've tried."

Party felt Kobra roll over so his head was in her lap, and heard a soft sigh escape from him. "It's okay," he mumbled.

"It's not okay..."

Kobra didn't answer, just continued to lay there in Party's lap without moving. If he moved away at this point, he'd be a dick and she'd get upset. Then again, she already was upset, and this was her trying to right the wrong. Kobra gave her credit for trying, at least. The two stayed quiet, the blond pretending to fall asleep and waiting for her to leave. It took her awhile before she finally did, but she left him carefully before slipping out the door.

Though the blond fell back asleep quickly, Party couldn't when she'd gone to bed. As Kobra noted, Party went to snuggle with Ghoul (who had been asleep until that point, made a quiet grunt, and wrapped his arms around her before going back to sleep). She didn't move, she didn't speak: she just lay in his arms and tried to kill her mind.

At this rate, it was going to be the only way she could stay alive.

- - - - - - 

heyo what's up it's me there's three chapters left what am i doing with my life

it's a long fic with short chapters i guess

i need to update other things

<3 you guys more than kanye loves kanye, votes and comments are appreciated xoxo