seventeen • tell me i'm a bad man, kick me like a stray

"...are you alright, Donna?"

"Don't you recognize that face? I know them from somewhere."

Party can't hear the haunting words that come from the city, instead he relaxes in the presence of his friends and Missile Kid. Honestly, he was enjoying himself. Ghoul tinkering with the radio, Jet starting a fire, and Kobra reading a book on top of the Trans Am.

"Got it! I got it!" Ghoul exclaims as he jumps back and turns up the radio to offer Doctor Death Defying's broadcast. Kobra simply glances up, tossing the shorter man his lighter and a box of cigarettes.

"Don't need to tell the whole fuckin' world, d'ya?" Party asks. He rolls his eyes and grows comfortable on the rock, staring at the fading sky.

"Is your thong giving you a wedgie or something?"

There's a small chuckle from Party. "Shuddup, man. You would know."

"Do you have to do this in front of Grace? Please, warn us if you're going to just fuck right here and now." Jet laughs quietly after he finishes, but both of them can tell that he's serious.

"Remember when we used to all be straight?"

"I never was," Ghoul says with a snort, "gaylord since birth and proud."

Kobra looks up from his book at Ghoul, raising an eyebrow as he does so. Ignoring the quiet snickers from his other friends, he says it. He actually says it. "Fuckin' pansy for awhile, too."

The smaller man freezes in place, his eyes widening as he looks at Kobra. "Don't...don't talk about that. For the love of all that is holy, don't."

"Talk about what?" Grace asks, looking between the four as silence overtakes them. They speak with glances, one challenging, one mortified, one confused, and one annoyed.

"It's only fair, Frank. You can't make Mikey talk about something then withhold your own-" Jet begins, keeping his tone down as he slaves over the slowly sparking fire.

"Please don't make me..."

"Talk about what?" Grace's voice grows impatient as the four talk in riddles she doesn't understand.

Party looks at Ghoul, observing the strange quietness that was truly rare; no snarky comebacks or wit-filled remarks. Just him quietly smoking and staring at the ground. The redhead wraps his arms around him, looking at Jet and nodding slowly.

"If you're gonna talk about it, talk about it now. But don't fucking bitch to me when it's your turn to talk about the thing that made you who you are today." Party rests his head on Ghoul's shoulder, staring into Jet Star as he opens his mouth to start explaining more.

- X -

It was a misunderstanding, honestly, but after Party had accidentally broken Ghoul's guitar that was the final straw. They'd been fighting for weeks, on and off, and part of Ghoul knew it was because of what had happened with Kobra; that he was just generally angry with the world and just wanted to take back what had happened with his brother. More than anything, he wanted that. Taking it out on Ghoul wasn't going to help anything, and against his better judgement Ghoul had called it quits. Said he was done. That was it.

Officially broke up with Party Poison.

And got a new boyfriend about a week later, but that wasn't surprising seeing as a lot of people thought Ghoul was both attractive and hysterical, so who wouldn't; though it hurt a hell of a lot more than Party could have anticipated to see Ghoul walking around with Lockdown's arm wrapped tightly around his shoulders like he was some sort of fucking prize. Honestly, Fun Ghoul was only with Lockdown mostly to piss off Party at first, but he was still sort of hot. So...what did that mean? That didn't change, however, his position in their little group. Party was just annoyed at him more often than not.