thirty seven • a teenage vow in a parking lot: till tonight do us part

The first affects once the war had been declared were noticed within the week. Everyone was on high alert, but it wasn't until the bombings occurred that people really got scared. They only lasted a week, but it still wiped out majority of the population of the Killjoys on the other side of Battery City. Though they had all known something like this would happen, it still didn't feel very good. 

However, this also meant that any exterminators they had were sent out, also just bringing more slaughter to the few Killjoys that weren't aware. The most casualties belonged to the medics being taken out first, which was a strategic move of genius even if it was mostly just luck and being in the right place at the right time.

The remaining two Youngbloods had died together about a month after it had started. Though they'd sacrificed themselves to take out quite a number of exterminators and draculoids, it still managed to barely make a dent in the oncoming forces. There were numerous rumors about how they had died, but the one that seemed to be the most recurring was that they were cornered in an old Hyper-Thrust and had constructed a bomb, waiting until they had all gone inside before the rigging had blown everyone inside up, including themselves.

Some said that Arms Race had tried to shield Psycho, and had come forward and apologized for everything he'd done. With those rumors came the point that Psycho had forgiven him, reminded him that they were going down together or not at all. Their deaths, however, it did bring an abnormally large pause between the attacks. 

Instead of splitting up to cover more ground, the Fabulous Four elected to stay together. They may have split into pairs during the day, but more often than not they met back up before the sun went down and stayed the night together (though this actually also let more of them sleep at once, which was usually a good thing). 

Party Poison was the one keeping watch, though usually did so a ways away in case he was spotted and rathered not to be so close to his friends and get them hurt as well. He kept thinking over the plans for the next day, albeit now it was sounding more and more suicidal. Jet would be accompanying him into the city, looking for captured Killjoys while Kobra and Ghoul stayed out in the Zones, causing distractions with the explosives they'd gotten their sticky paws on.

Looking out over the hazy road, Party sighed as she stood up and stretched her legs, re-approaching the group and starting to wake them up. The sun hadn't risen yet, but it was beginning to light up the sky, and that was enough for Party Poison. Shaking each of them awake one by one, she took a step back and started to pack everything that hadn't been already.

Still, it wasn't much. "Kobra, what're we doing today?" Ghoul asked as he rolled up the sleeping mat, sounding like he wasn't even awake.

"Roaming, I guess. Blowing shit up."

"Sounds good." 

Party chuckled slightly, tossing the bag into the trunk of the Trans Am and shutting it, leaving Ghoul and Kobra with a small amount of their rations. 

"We're meeting back up in Four this time, right?" Ghoul asked, pecking Party quickly on the lips.

"Yeah, on one of the side roads about a mile in." Party gave a quick nod as she hugged the small man before leaving to get into the Trans Am where Jet was waiting. The two didn't talk much, just left the radio going on the same station it was always on (WKIL) and driving towards Battery City. 

The plan to get in wasn't a great one, but it worked well enough. Party knew that soon enough, getting in and out of Battery City would be next to impossible with a full car unless they were on a suicide mission, but that wasn't the point. They left it in the slums, hidden well as far as she knew, and they got out and went off to go find supplies.