two • WKIL 109

"Jet Star, you're back?" The voice of Doctor Death Defying greeted Jet's ears as he helped carry his friend inside.

"I don't want to be. Our friend is dying, he needs help. Shot by a Drac out in Zone Five off Route Guano," Jet told the man in the wheelchair. Dark and thick black hair met heavily tanned skin from being in the sun. Doctor D was supposedly a veteran of the Helium Wars. God knows when those took place... Jet assumed before he'd been born.

"Bring him to the back. Sunshine'll take care of him," Doctor Death told the two.

"Sunshine?" Jet asked as they started moving.

"Yes, Sunshine Gunner."

Jet shrugged it off. He hadn't heard that name in a long time. His sister spoke of Sunshine Gunner once, a long time ago. Party was eager to get his brother to the much needed medical attention, and moved a bit faster than Jet thought he would have. A tall, skinny blonde woman stood in front of them when they entered. Sunshine.

"Oh dear Lord... Put him on the table." She instantly swept the mess to the side, going to grab something from a cabinet. "Please, go. I'll take care of this." Her voice was a sickly sweet, but Jet knew damn well how venom-laced it could be.

Party had to be pulled out by Jet. Electric Revenge walked by, his messy green hair nearly blinding the two. Ghoul was waiting outside the door. Jet was terrified- he knew all these people because of his sister. They only way to recognize them was their hair colors and choice of clothing. American Beauty and American Psycho passed the two; Beauty's hair was red with white while Psycho's was a brown blonde. They still looked so much alike...

"Jet!" Party snapped, moving to stand in front of his face. Instantly snapped out of his memories, he looked at the leader with an emotionless expression.

"What."

"The Dracs saw us out there and one got away. I was just saying that we're gonna need to be careful when we go close to Battery City," Party explained again.

"If we get to Battery City."

"Whadaya mean, if? You're the one who said we could do it and should do it," Ghoul interjected. Jet stayed quiet, shifting his gaze to the ground. If Kobra doesn't make it...

"Don't even think that the 'Kid can't pull through this, Jet." Party's words were laced with poison, just as his name seemed to suggest.

"You're right. Let's get food," Jet said. His words came quick, before anyone could question his sudden discussion change. The eldest of the four walked back to the front of the diner, grabbing a muffin off one of the shelves. He helped himself, thanking whatever god there was that it wasn't Power Pup. Poison sat across from him, leaning back and staring at the ceiling with a blank expression.

"You look like you've seen a ghost, Jet," Ghoul commented. The frizzy-haired Killjoy turned to look at the youngest.

"Last time I saw these people, I was maybe seven."

"Do they recognize you?"

For some odd reason, it hurt Jet to answer. "No." He couldn't remember particularly liking these people, but he didn't want to go unnoticed.

"Oh."

Jet offered Party the rest of the muffin first. He shook his head, which led Jet to give the muffin to Ghoul. The black haired Killjoy smiled, eating it quickly. Jet Star stood, walking outside to breathe the air out there. Inside it was hot, really sweaty. Out here it wasn't much different, however he could see the car they had fixed up for Poison's birthday. In all honesty, they were going to need to fix it up again, or get a new one. The engine wasn't the purr it was supposed to be when he pushed 120 miles an hour like it used to, instead it had been complaining. The tires were visibly beginning to wear, though it was also a bit beat up from Ghoul driving it the one time.