thirty nine • the jetset life is gonna kill you

Start from the beginning

Brendon snorted. "Go suck your hundred and forty four thousand dicks, Jehovah. Nobody cares what you think, either."

"Excuse me, but-" He was cut off abruptly when Brendon snapped his fingers, going mute and sitting back down.

"He has a point," Allah said, sighing and crossing his arms over his chest. "Sorry, guys, but it's true." 

Glancing over at him, Brendon smiled slightly. "Has anyone ever told you that you look like Adam Lambert?"

"No, but thank you."

"If we keep letting this whole thing run free, then what's supposed to happen isn't going to happen," Elton pointed out, nodding and sighing softly. "Damn it, I agree with Brendon."

"You gotta have at least one smart person on the council." Brendon grinned. "Besides, I am known to have good ideas from time to time-"

"Stop being cocky and go make a deal."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

Brendon was gone with a flash, not caring to restore Jehovah's voice. He found himself standing in a building in the city, which wasn't what he was expecting. He'd been expecting the Zones, and a Killjoy willing to make a deal, but that didn't seem to be the case. He observed the room before clearing his throat and announcing his presence.

A woman came out from behind a wall, looking like she'd been otherwise preoccupied. "Who are you?" she asked, curious but not seeming threatened.

"Doesn't matter," he said, approaching her and standing in front of her. "I seem to be informed you wanted to make a deal regarding this war."

"A deal with the devil?"

"If that's how you'd like to view it."

She paused, but then slowly nodded. "Yes... I feel that if we keep fighting, I could lose my grip over this company and it could all go downhill."

"Perhaps, but what do you want me to do about it?"

"End it."

Brendon nodded once. "And what do I get out of this?"

"How long do I have if I sell you my soul?"

"Until you die, however that may be," Brendon answered, crossing his arms. "There are limitations, but that's just fine print." He produced a piece of paper from his pocket, unfolding it and giving it to her. Most of it was fine print in about -6 sized font, but otherwise there was a big line to sign. 

She nodded, taking the offered pen and signing without reading. They always did that. Brendon took the paper and left her with the pen before vanishing once more.

-

Though, that didn't mean it was taking affect right then. At that current moment, Ghoul was hanging out the car window with Jet's borrowed gun, aiming at the dracs that were in pursuit. Scouts, as they usually were, meant BLI wasn't too far away. Getting back into the car and giving Jet back his gun, there was a short burst of silence between them that was only disrupted by the radio going. Doctor Death Defying was broadcasting, making idle mentions in between the songs that he had.

Listening to what he played managed to make the four sad, hearts sinking into the pits of their stomachs in regret, mostly. 

From hearing some of the stuff Fall Out Boy made before they'd all died, to the blink-182, to the stuff Brendon made, to the stuff Green Day had made before two of the three members died, and even some of the Red Revenge and Lithium Luck songs...it was reflective, but it was also terribly depressing upon the thought that they were all dead. Otherwise, it was brought up by some of the stuff before the war: mostly consisting of Elton John, Queen, The Beatles, and some David Bowie.

David Bowie was always Party's favorite. 

Killjoys were emerging during the war, but they were also disappearing faster than they could come. The Fabulous Four had run into a few; some of them were nice. The memorable ones consisted of Lyn-Z and her partner in crime Kitty. They kept running into Blurryface and Violent Silence, who seemed to be doing well on their own, and had a place on the other side of the Zones. 

"Okay, so where did we say we were going tonight?"

"Seven, I think. Stay outside of the main zones for the first night, just in case," Jet reasoned. "That, or far Six."

"Makes sense," Kobra mused, the first time he'd spoken since they'd left.

Party nodded, focusing back on the road before flipping a u-turn to pull onto a side road. "We'll start heading over there when the sun starts going down," he agreed.

The rest of the day was hot, consisting of three or four more confrontations with draculoids (one of which happened when they were refilling at a gas station) before they'd left for Zone Seven. Camp had been set up in the dark, a small fire going as the four sat around with one of the portable radios going. They couldn't stand the silence, even if it was just because someone was asleep. 

Party was keeping watch first, leaving the radio on at a low buzz through the whole night. He never woke anyone up, mainly because he didn't feel like sleeping or making someone upset. Besides, they all seemed so content and actually at peace for once in the past few years (Kobra always slept the same way though- but his expression wasn't usually this slack)...even Ghoul, which Party just let slide.

Teasing would commence the next day for the sleep talking that he'd heard over the sound of the radio.

It wasn't Doctor Death Defying's station that was currently on- he wasn't broadcasting during the night anyways. Instead, it was another Killjoy that Party hadn't even heard of until two nights ago. She went by Agent Eighty-Six, and played things that Doctor Death Defying didn't, but also some of the same things- those same things mostly being what was made by actual Killjoys.

It was something to listen to at night, and it wasn't terrible. 

"What're you doing?"

Party glanced over, watching as Ghoul came over and sat next to him, looking like he was still half asleep. The redhead wrapped an arm around the small man, quietly sighing. "Keeping watch, listening to the radio."

Ghoul leaned on Party, though it could also have been described as flopping. "What time is it?"

"No idea, but you should go back to bed." 

"N-no. It's my turn to keep watch. You should go to bed," Ghoul remarked, sitting up and looking right at him. 

Rolling his eyes, Party just pulled him into his lap and started playing with his hair. "It's okay, you still need to sleep," he murmured, working his magic like a siren's song. It worked to a certain extent: Ghoul nodded and shut his eyes once Party's hold on him made it clear that he didn't have to go anywhere.

Truth be told, Party didn't want to sleep. There were a billion and one things on his mind, and a billion more that needed to be solved and dealt with. Keeping Ghoul in his arms was relaxing at least, and since he was asleep, the redhead could pretty much do whatever he wanted. Party was more worried about the outcome of the war, and the fact that they technically had a kid to look after now. 

Which, even though Party hadn't found her, he still would have done the same thing in Ghoul's position. He always wanted a kid, even more so as of late, but whether that was due to an upcoming midlife crisis or just parental instinct, it didn't matter. She wasn't theirs, no, but it didn't matter either. All he could really do at this point was to pray for a miracle that the war would end.

The Killjoys would never raise a white flag, and Better Living would never surrender, so that would probably be exactly what it would take: a miracle.

Lucky for them, Brendon Urie specialized in miracles.

- - - - - - 

hey yo what's up i'm almost done with this fic and i'm sad but i want to write more danger days stuff in the future so it'll be cool

also shameless self promo go check out Tempest in a Teacup if you like Brendon Urie, Peterick, Brentrick, Joshler, Medieval/Steampunk things, or Frerard. at least, those are the main focuses I guess.

it's rad (RT)

<3 you guys, votes and comments are appreciated xoxo