*~* thirteen *~*

It's been a while since an actual chapter update my apologies 

                                                                     ________

Ashton was nervous when he walked into school with Luke on Monday. People were already gossiping and whispering as they walked by.

Luke walked Ashton to his locker and they talked about the Power Rangers Samurai episodes they'd watched on Netflix while Luke was in the hospital. 

Luke had actually gotten discharged thirty minutes ago and they'd gone to the school right from the hospital.

"Okay, but I did not expect that female red ranger." Ashton gossiped, opening his locker and exchanging his books. Luke gasped, "I know right!? And I defiantly didn't expect her to be Jayden's big sister. Like, woah. Mind. Blown."

Ashton giggled and nodded, but jumped with a squeak when his locker door was slammed shut. He jumped over to Luke and spun around, Luke putting a protective arm around him.

Michael smirked at them, his group watching with glowers. "Can we help you?" Luke snapped, holding Ashton close to him on instinct. 

Michael scoffed. "I thought you'd be smarter," he glared, turning to Ashton, "Stay away from the school, you freak. Nobody wants you here anyways."

Luke would have jumped him if Ashton hadn't have held him back. Luke spat on Michael instead and stood back. Michael wiped his face and flicked it on the boys behind him that were snickering.

Calum stood next to Michael quietly, giving Ashton a sympathetic smile. Ashton gave a small one back. 

"You really don't know when to quit do you," Michael shook his head at Luke, "Mate, you had girls falling at your feet. Now, you're dating...this...and you lost everything."

Luke shoved Michael by the chest. "You think you're some punk," he seethed, "You think you're Mr. Popular because people are scared of you? What kind of life is that? I'd rather have no friends than run a school by fear. And I'm done with you picking on my boyfriend. Back off."

A crowd gathered  as Michael scowled. "You're just a little cunt," he snapped, poking Luke's chest harshly, "You try to be cool and some bad boy, but in reality, your just a broken little baby who's still recovering from your brother's death."

Luke's eyes widened with hurt and he slumped back while Ashton's straightened out. "Your brother died?" He asks softly, putting a hand on Luke's shoulder. Luke nodded slightly, eyes staring into Michael's.

"Oh, you didn't hear," Michael chuckled, "Aw, lover boy didn't tell you. His brother, Jack, killed himself last year. That's why he became so 'punk'."

Ashton frowned and looked at Luke sympathetically. "Lukey," he cooed, "I'm so sorry. Why didn't you tell me?" Michael scoffed, "Because he didn't want you to know-"

"Shut it, Michael." Luke said through gritted teeth, but that didn't stop Michael. Nothing ever does.

"Luke thinks he's guilty for Jack's death, which he is."

And no one expected Ashton send a punch to Michael's jaw that sent him to the floor.

                                                                   ______

                                                             I'm baaaaack