*~* twelve *~*

The notification didn't go off last time and it made me sad :( and gIRLS TALK BOYS????

Ashton has in the waiting room of the hospital for hours and there was still no word on Luke. No one would tell him anything because he wasn't family even though he was Luke's boyfriend.

It was near one in the morning when someone gently shook Ashton awake from the floor. Ashton groaned, rubbing his eyes and turning slightly, making his thin jacket fall off his back. A nurse was knelt down, smiling softly at him.

Ashton jolted upright, only to smack his head on the bottom of a hospital chair, making him since and a few petals fall off his flower crown. "He's still not awake," the blonde nurse said sympathetically, "But he's improving slightly."

"C-can I see him?" He whimpered, frowning when the nurse shook her head. "He may be improving, but he's still unstable. He damaged to much," she told him gently, "But, I can tell you won't be leaving anytime soon. Come with me, I'll get you a bed so you can sleep outside his room, okay?"

Ashton leapt over and hugged her tightly, whispering, "Thank you," over and over. The nurse smiled and helped him off his feet, taking his jacket and leading him down the hallways. A bed was already set up with warm blankets and a mattress and a small mobile table with a plate of linguine and Chicken Parm, as well as a bottle of water.

The nurse smiled at him and gave his shoulder a pat. "I'll notify you if anything changes," she smiled, "I'm Bryana, by the way." Ashton thanked her and sat down, eating for the first time all day. Once he was done, he slid the tray out of the walkway and laid on the bed, pulling the covers up.

He wrapped his jacket -- Luke's jacket -- around him as a security blanket, before falling asleep, nightmares invading his dreams of what would happen if Luke didn't make it.

-

"Mr. Irwin?" A soft voice asked, shaking Ashton awake. Ashton gasped and jumped, waking from another nightmare. He blinked rapidly, taking in air as he realized that everything was fine at the moment; Luke was still alive and they were still in the hospital, Ashton still had Luke's huge jacket wrapped around him.

Bryana looked at him, smiling gently. "I have some good news on Luke." She told him, making Ashton sit up abruptly and encourage her to go on. "Well, the medicine we gave him is working better than we expected," she informed, "His hear trade has gone back to normal and so has his blood pressure. It's a miracle, honestly. It's not common for everything to fix itself overnight."

Ashton had a stupid grin on his face as tears streamed down his cheeks. Bryana pulled something out of her pocket. "He woke up last night, only for a minute or two," she told him, handing him a silver necklace with a guitar on it, "He asked me to give you this if you were here. I told him you hadn't left since he was admitted when you found him. He smiled then passed out again."

Ashton clipped on the necklace, letting out a choked sob as he smiled down at it. "You can go in if you'd like," Bryana hummed, "He's stable." Ashton gave her a tight hug, before jumping up and goi into Luke's room.

He saw Luke laying in the hospital bed, sleeping peacefully, with the top of the tight hospital gown showing off his broad shoulders and torso. He had a few cuts on his arms and cheeks, a bruise on the left side of his face and stitches right above his eyebrow.

Ashton quietly pulled up a chair by the side of his bed and sat down, taking his hand and squeezing it gently. "I'm so sorry this happened," Ashton whispered, "I should have come earlier. Maybe you wouldn't have ended up so badly. Or maybe my weak noodle arms would have gotten me killed...at least I'd know I'd died for you."

He felt Luke give his hand a little squeeze, making Ashton smile small and look at the floor, biting his lip sheepishly.

"On your left."

Ashton looked up immediately and saw Luke smiling weakly at him. Ashton let out a breath and restricted himself from jumping on Luke and kissing the hell out of him. But Luke opened his arms, prompting Ashton to shimmy into the bed next to Luke and gently wrap his arms around him.

"You're so gosh darn cute." Luke chuckled in a raspy voice, kissing Ashton's forehead. Ashton blushed, leaning up and pecking Luke's chapped lips. He handed Luke a water bottle from the side table and Luke gratefully accepted the liquid. He put the tip to his lips and let the water fill his mouth, licking it over his chapped lips.

And damn, Luke Hemmings can make something as simple as drinking water hot.

Ashton snuggled into Luke's side gently. "You remembered my love for Captain America." He mentioned, Luke smiling and rubbing their noses together. Ashton giggled, Luke kissing his nose and smiling in adoration as his boyfriend scrunched up his nose.

"I'm sorry about Michael," Ashton mumbled, "I know he's your friend." Luke shrugged, wincing slightly. "If he and Calum can't let me be happy," the punk sighed, "Then he isn't my friend." Ashton was silent a moment. "Cal didn't seem to happy about Michael messing with us," he spoke softly, "I think you should give him a chance."

Luke thought a moment, before nodding. "Okay," he agreed, "I'll talk to him. But only for you." Ashton grinned, pecking Luke's face, making Luke let out these beautiful sounds of laughter that Ashton fell in love with almost immediately.

Luke was ready to face his friends on Monday. He just wasn't sure if Ashton was.

I wanna point out that Steve Rogers + Stony are adorable and the ship goes highly unnoticed and that makes me upset cause dADS