"Look, I don't really know you but we're family and you can talk to me." Meredith said.

I let out a bitter laugh, "Okay. Tell me how I'm supposed to tell someone that I used to love, who I haven't seen for years because my memories got wiped away, and he just came back from the dead, that him and his entire family are gonna get killed by their own mother."

"Cassie, I..."

I held my hand out for the glass. She hesitated before handing it back. I smiled, "Thank you."

Alaric turned back to us after finishing his phone call, "It was Damon."

"Does he still think I'm a serial killer?" Meredith asked.

"He's a little judgmental." Alaric replied.

I laughed, "Ha. A little."

"Speaking of. Your x-rays were inconclusive." Meredith said to Alaric, "Your knife wound was already semi-healed. It's impossible to tell anything about whoever stabbed you. Short, tall. Left-handed, right-handed. No clue."

"Well, what about my head? Why can't I remember anything about the attack?" Alaric asked.

"Your CT scans were clear." Meredith replied.

"Maybe you were compelled to forget." I said, taking a sip of the bourbon.

Alaric looked at me, "Wait, you think the killer's a vampire?"

"There are no other suspects. It's the obvious conclusion." Meredith stated.

We all turned when Kol and Klaus made their way up to us, "Oh come on now. Let's not go blaming the new family in town just because you lot have got yourselves a killer at large. Don't mind us. My brother and I are just here to let off some steam, right, Kol?"

"Right." Kol said, sitting beside me, "Day drinker?"

"Only when there are problems." I replied, "Which is always in Mystic Falls."

He softly laughed and took a glass from behind the bar, pouring the bourbon in, "To day drinking."

Kol tilted his glass towards me. I clinked my glass with his and smiled, downing the rest of my drink.

▂▂▂▂

Time was no longer in my interest, I had no idea how many minutes or hours had passed by. My phone rang and I pulled it from my back pocket before answering it, "Hellooo?"

"Cassandra, hi." Elijah replied on the other end.

"Elijah." I giggled, slightly intoxicated, "I have something to tell you."

"About my mother trying to kill me? I already know." He said, "Stay where you are, I'm sorting it."

"You know already, okay. I'll stay where I am, you're sorting it." I repeated.

"Are you drunk?" He asked.

I held my finger and thumb close together, even though he couldn't see, "Just a little bit. Oh, I've gotta go, it's my turn to play."

I shoved the phone back in my pocket. I lined the cue up to the white ball on the table and took a shot at a ball, it went into the pocket.

"Hell yeah, told you I was good." I said to Meredith who was playing too.

As I looked across the table, Alaric was on the phone to Damon, "Yeah, no, they're still here. Yeah, they've drank their way through half The Grill's liquor supply."