Sofia The Savage (36)

I guide Blaze down the stairs of the cabin. My dress scrapes the ground and I sigh in annoyance. "Hmm," I murmur, picking my dress up from the ground. Suddenly, I shrug off my sweater and give it to Blaze to hold.

"What are you doing?" He asks curiously. I ignore him.

"Unzip my dress," I say and he looks at me like I'm crazy, but does as I ask. I smile and step out of the gorgeous gown. Now just in my underwear and bra (what did I just do?), I stretch happily and place my dress on top of my hover-stand. I stroll back over to Blaze, who has his mouth wide open in shock, and grab my sweater and put it back on, still unzipped.

"Um, Olympia?"

"What?" I ask innocently as I walk forward, totally aware he can fully see my ass in this tiny underwear. "Nothing," He says before catching up with me and grabbing my hand. I smirk to myself, suddenly aware of how I would so not have done this months ago.

"So how was your day?" I ask sweetly, looking up at his face as I tightened my jacket around me. "You fucking tease," Blaze says and I giggle, "Dresses are annoying, and I don't want to dirty it. I'm being resourceful."

"Suuuuure," Blaze strings out.

I roll my eyes, "Seriously, how did your day go?" I swing our hands back and forth. "It was... hard. Definitely not a fun way to live. I don't know how the guys here manage not to kill themselves, honestly," He says seriously. I purse my lips, "I know. It's so terrible how they're treated. You're so lucky, being raised the way you were," I mention. Blaze looks down at me, "So are you."

"I was ignorant," I say sharply. "So was I..." I hear him mutter under his breath. I wonder if he's talking about himself years ago or only before today. Did he not know the full expanse of what being a drudge was like until today?

"This conversation is depressing ," I shake my head in disapproval. "Very true," Blaze laughs lightly, "Anything not super depressing?"

"There's a party celebrating my return in a couple days," We are nearing the edge of the forest as I say this.

"That's interesting. I can't imagine what they'll feel when they learn you've betrayed them," Blaze says and I lead him into the forest and my eyes travel from tree to tree. I can hear crickets through the gentle breeze and I shiver. 

"I know... It'll be great. I wish I could see their faces when they find out," I say with a smirk, aware of how I sound. Just being honest. 

"For goodness sakes, Lance... me too," He shrugs and I giggle. We reach the river and I sit down next to it, running my hand along the surface of the water. I smile until I suddenly remember that first day here with Blaze... Now I'm here with someone else, that he doesn't even know about. My eyes water quickly and I divert my eyes from the water and squeeze them shut tightly. 

"Olympia?" Blaze kneels next to me and strokes my arm, "What's wrong?" I take a shaky breath, "N-nothing." He looks unconvinced, but must see that I don't want to talk about it because he simply lifts me up and hugs me. Being in his arms comforts me so greatly, but also adds to the guilt I'm suffering. I can't help but whimper in sadness, yet hold onto him tightly. 

Oh, and then I decided that this was stupid and I was being an idiot and I huff in anger and say loudly, "This is so dumb. I need to get it together. What kind of person am I?" I pace back and forth muttering angry thoughts to myself. 

Blaze grabs my hand, "Olympia. You're a normal person. Anybody would be struggling in your situation." For some reason, that just makes me angrier. It takes my thoughts a moment to catch up with my emotions, "I can't just be normal! I'm Olympia Lance! Not to be vain, but I'm hella important and if I'm average I'll never get anywhere." Tears start to freely flow out of my eyes as a place my hands on my knees and bend over.