Thirty

Maeve's Diner was starting to hold a lot of memories.

Tonight Alec had a little plan while they were on their date. It took a little while for convincing but since they had put on a great performance during talent night, the owners let him do it. He was a bit nervous about the night but he had other things to do.

Alec knew that Scarlet would want to have a part in his plan so he had to go around campus trying to find her before he had to get to football practice. It might have seemed a bit weird that he was trying to find her but when he finally did she was with Reece. He'd almost forgotten that they had gotten together.

He ran up behind the couple before falling in step next to them.

"Umh, hey Alec?" Scarlet greets him questioningly.

"Hey so I need a favor." He tells her as they continue walking.

"You need a favor from me?"

"Yes, or Reece or both of you. Listen, Lola and I are going on a date tonight and...."

Alec explained his whole idea to both of them and almost immediately Scarlet was on board and it took a little while to get Reece on too but he finally agreed to it. He quickly thanked them both and told them what time they should be ready at before he ran off to get to the field.

He was late. He was never late but in turn he got a verbal beating from Coach Kaine while the Assistant Coach was dealing with the other boys as they began running. Lola was sitting in the grass as she always did and wasn't paying too much attention to everything around her.

Alec was too busy staring at her to even realize that Coach was still yelling at him.

"Alexander, if she is going to be an issue for your concentration then I will have no problem getting rid of her so that you quit being so goo goo eyed!" Coach yelled at him which brought his attention back to him.

Alec noticed that Coach had used his full first name and rarely does anybody do that, only when he's in trouble and when he first met Lola because she insisted on calling him that for some reason.

"Coach, she's not a distraction. She was here before me so I wasn't even late because of her; I just had a thing I needed to take care of, it's not a big deal."

"Alec everything with you is a big deal, the day you do everything I ask perfectly it will still be a big deal. Give me 20 extra sit ups today, next time it's 50."

"Thanks Coach!"

*******

Scarlet and Reece had arrived at Maeve's diner and sat in the front corner so that they could be somewhat hidden away and not in the center. They'd ordered food and they waited until finally Alec and Lola walked through the door holding hands. Lola wasn't aware that her friends were there but Alec had almost immediately seen them and made eye contact with them.

Alec had asked Lola to go out to dinner with him. It was a Friday night and to her it seemed like any other normal night, except she didn't know his plan.

"I forgot to ask you earlier, why were you late to practice?" She asks him as they were sitting at the table and eating their food that they'd just ordered.

"My business prof needed me to stay back for a few minutes, he wants me to student lecture because he liked a paper that I wrote." He told her.

This was a semi-honest answer. His professor did want him to do this but he just wasn't asked that day after class.

"That's great! Are you going to do it?" She grins while asking him.

"I think so, I'm just a little nervous about it." That was his little hidden message. He wasn't nervous about the lecture but more so what he was about to do for her.