One

Lola's feet pounded on the pavement beneath her and she felt a bead of sweat drip down her neck. The sidewalks were relatively empty and she finally bounded up to her apartment complex. Running, that was what she did every night after her long days. It was really one of the only times she left her apartment and got fresh air.

By the time she made it into her cozy apartment she'd removed her earbuds from her ears and began taking off her shoes. She was completely ready to ditch her sweaty clothes and take a nice long shower; once both shoes were off  she quickly made her way to her bathroom and stripped down, heating up the water.

She unplugged the earbuds from her phone and kept the music playing before connecting it to her shower speaker and setting it down on the counter by the sink. The song that was playing wasn't something that should be in her 'Running' playlist but as she stepped inside the shower she knew it was a good song to be listening to right at this moment. As warm water cascaded upon her head of cinnamon colored hair she found herself singing along to the music.

"... I won't take you for granted 'cause we'll never know when
When we'll run out of time so I'm gonna love you
Like I'm gonna lose you
I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you"

Unexpectedly she heard another voice start singing the next part of the song and it wasn't coming from her phone. The voice was deep and the words that were being sung were coming out as rich and powerful.

"In the blink of an eye
Just a whisper of smoke
You could lose everything
The truth is you never know."

Lola smiled as she heard the words being sung although it was kind of weird that a complete stranger was singing a song with her. The next chorus was duetted and she was preparing herself to sing it with him but she realized that she'd just been standing in the shower not doing anything. At the realization she pumped shampoo into her hand and began to wash her hair as she sang along.

"So I'm gonna love you
Like I'm gonna lose you..."

Soon the song ended and switched to a new one. Immediately she grinned, knowing what song it was. As she began singing she noticed he wasn't which she thought was somewhat odd since he was literally just singing the other song.

"...Of all of the things that she's ever said
She goes and says something that just knocks me dead."

"I don't know this song!"

She heard him shout this from the other side of the wall. At first it startled her, almost causing her to slip but she balanced herself quickly. She didn't know whether she should shout back at him or just pretend like she hadn't heard him at all.

"Do you want me to change it?!"

She finds herself shouting back but she was wondering how he didn't know this song. Then again, most of her favorite songs were by The Script so that explains why she knows it and just because she knows a song doesn't mean everybody does too.

"No, you should keep singing!"

^^^^^^^^^

A/N: Ooooo, look at that it's a book being written by who? Oh just lil ol me. So the idea for this story was an OTP AU that I saw on Pinterest but it was a Tumblr Post and I was like hmmm I could do that. Now here I am, doing it.

Hopefully this is cute, might not be though.

I didn't know exactly how I wanted to do things so I only used sections of the songs instead of giving you the entire song. (Would anybody actually read all the lyrics if I put them there? We won't know because I'm not going to do that.)

Speaking of songs. The songs in this chapter are:

Like I'm Gonna to Lose You by Meghan Trainor and John Legend
&
Science & Faith by The Script

Okay so I have another short story besides this one that might come out soon, might not. You'll have to wait to see. Short stories are just a bit easier to write since each 'chapter' isn't like 2000 - 4000 words. Just don't yell at me for having 6 projects to work on... And school's coming up. *sad face*

Tootles
~Mad